In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
wu8always

AC Condensation runs over Transmission/Exhaust

2019 AT4 Crew Cab (6.2Lt)

The AC condensation somehow makes it down over the transmission and then drips on the crossover pipe of the exhaust below the transmission pan.  I keep hearing the singe sound of the water on the hot exhaust when i pull in the garage.  Anyone else have this issue?  I'm assuming there is a drain tube or hose that might be missing or misdirected.  Any comments/suggestions?

Thanks.

Mine does the same.

Haven't noticied that on my 5.3 Just getting warm up here in the frozen north. Maybe routing is different. I would think a little extension on the drain hose would cure it.

Mine is aimed at the top of the frame rail so I moved it to point almost straight down. I would think if it hit the frame it would bounce off it and some would hit the exhaust but I wouldn't be concerned by it.

Mine does the same thing as well.. doesnt bother me though, scares the wife more than anything.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Mine does the same thing. Noticed it as I was getting out of the truck in a parking garage this week.