Gorehamj

Chevy Drops Prices and Specs For the New 2020 3.0-liter Duramax Diesel Engine

Posted (edited)
On 6/5/2019 at 12:07 PM, NW-99SS said:

That's why you only see electric water pumps on race cars and not OEM.

Tell that to my '08 X3, it never got the memo...

Edited by dukedkt442

2 hours ago, dukedkt442 said:

Tell that to my '08 X3, it never got the memo...

Ah yes, the BMW EWP known for failures...perfect example of why they aren't great for daily drivers.

15 minutes ago, NW-99SS said:

Ah yes, the BMW EWP known for failures...perfect example of why they aren't great for daily drivers.

I guess my 156k miler again missed that memo.  The actual failure rate if an EWP is actually about the same as a mechanical pump, assuming proper maintenance.

They do give warning signs, by the way, just not the same warning signs as a mechanical pump.  One needs to have a specific code reader to see them, but they do throw trouble codes prior to failure.

Having to yank the engine to deal with inevitable timing issues is more of a long-term concern than an EWP.

Posted (edited)
On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 8:46 AM, Paintor said:

Think I found out why it has not passed emissions yet.

The Silverado is going to shut the engine off when you stop. This is terrible for a diesel.

Defeats having a catalytic convertor, especially when driving in a city. Its a smog machine.

It should not be issued a Emissions Certification.

Equinox Diesel has stop/start and passed EPA no problem.  Both defeatable, the Equinox via manual mode, Silverado via switch on the dash. 

Edited by newdude

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, newdude said:

Equinox Diesel has stop/start and passed EPA no problem.  Both defeatable, the Equinox via manual mode, Silverado via switch on the dash. 

BINGO. There are 3 ways GM engineered to disable Start-Stop on the Equinox that costs $0 to disable it.

Passed EPA because they were given “Cycle Credits” for engines shut down at stop signs and traffic lights...but ignored the emissions from repeated Diesel start ups that would choke a cat.

Doesn’t matter...Buyers all disabled it. TSB on those Diesel Equinox’s for leaking turbo exhaust clamps and it says for dealers to only fix what is on the lots.

Wonder how many Equinox owners are suffering headaches or passing out from driving from leakin exhausts? GM says 1%...acceptable losses.

This new diesel uses 0w20 oil..Equinox does not. I’m gonna wait and see how many detonate from running wide open on their oil. Should be epic.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=zh9lU3zihvU

Edited by Paintor
  • Haha 1

No one should buy a 1500 truck to tow over 10,000 lbs.  The ratings for class leading towing are for idiots who know nothing about towing.