3.0l Duramax Inline6

These guys are not my favorite BUT there is a little info in here and they said they are going to be driving the i6 In the middle of June and will give a full review.?

edit For engine info link

This video really tells you about the engine and everything that goes into it. It even showed me a few things I didn’t know and I’m excited to get this engine tune and deleted when I can?

https://www.google.com/amp/gmauthority.com/blog/2019/06/gm-provides-more-detail-on-the-2020-chevrolet-silverado-3-0l-duramax/amp/

Edited by Inline6DirtyMaxRST

24 minutes ago, teyaroch said:

Interesting but you will never see me spending the extra cash.  By the way, same torque as the 6.2 gas.

Yeah but diesels tow better and get better mpg while towing/cruising. I’m a turbo/gas guy but the i6 just has me interested 

1 hour ago, Inline6DirtyMaxRST said:

Yeah but diesels tow better and get better mpg while towing/cruising. I’m a turbo/gas guy but the i6 just has me interested 

My 6.6 truck got 11 towing our travel trailer and the 6.2 truck gets 10.  

1 hour ago, bshort said:

My 6.6 truck got 11 towing our travel trailer and the 6.2 truck gets 10.  

Exactly 1/2 the mpg and I’m guess you were towning less then 10k? Get 1 yard of material in the back of that truck and it will do the same. You load up that diesel bed and your might lose a couple mpg not 1/2 and your diesel truck will pull you around traffic better then a gasser with a load. I town stuff at 65-70 I don’t have time for gasser to pass people with a load lol 

18 minutes ago, Inline6DirtyMaxRST said:

Exactly 1/2 the mpg and I’m guess you were towning less then 10k? Get 1 yard of material in the back of that truck and it will do the same. You load up that diesel bed and your might lose a couple mpg not 1/2 and your diesel truck will pull you around traffic better then a gasser with a load. I town stuff at 65-70 I don’t have time for gasser to pass people with a load lol 

My opinion is that the 6.2 10sp tows just as good as the 6.6 6sp did.  The 2020 6.6 10sp will be a different story.  

7 hours ago, bshort said:

My opinion is that the 6.2 10sp tows just as good as the 6.6 6sp did.  The 2020 6.6 10sp will be a different story.  

Yes with more gears everything is better for towing having a 6.2 with a 6 speed would probably drive me crazy like our Ford work trucks when I have to tow with those once in awhile. I’m wondering how the 6.6 gasser 10speed in the HD trucks will do I haven’t seen toe ratings 

They're using the current but modified 6-speed for the 2020 6.6 gas but I think it's safe to assume it'll go 10-speed for 2021. The 10-speed makes gas engines much more attractive.

2 hours ago, magnum74 said:

They're using the current but modified 6-speed for the 2020 6.6 gas but I think it's safe to assume it'll go 10-speed for 2021. The 10-speed makes gas engines much more attractive.

Yes me too mabe 2022 depending how the 6s runs I guess over time. 10 speed is definitely going to happen it will be both gen’s go to trans think how much Time that saves. which is why I think that might be the gasser to get. Mabe they even put the 6.6 gasser in the 1500 haha But that’s a real long shot, be cool tho. 

Here is some more “engine”  info. 43.5 psi she got a strong block that’s for sure. Idk 100% but that’s the highest stock psi I have heard of?

https://www.google.com/amp/gmauthority.com/blog/2019/06/gm-provides-more-detail-on-the-2020-chevrolet-silverado-3-0l-duramax/amp/

I considered the 3.0L D-max but with its slow release and no reviews to date (obviously) I am alot less interested now seeing that it is the same price as the 6.2L which is an all around beast. 

I'm assuming the 0-60 on the 3.0L might be as slow as 9 or 10 seconds. 

1 hour ago, Roddy8 said:

I considered the 3.0L D-max but with its slow release and no reviews to date (obviously) I am alot less interested now seeing that it is the same price as the 6.2L which is an all around beast. 

I'm assuming the 0-60 on the 3.0L might be as slow as 9 or 10 seconds. 

With a 10 speed i think it will be quicker 0-60 then 9/10 sec 

The Ford 3.0 Oil burner is actually not bad when it comes to acceleration 

With more HP and TQ  then both the RAM and FORD, and same 10 speed , i think people will be surprised. But then again who the hell is drag racing with trucks . 

From 0-60 460tq and a turbo boosting 43psi in a 5000lb truck it’s gonna take off lol It has sport mod for a reason?? but really it’s gonna pull fine too 80mph now 60-120 probably isn’t super fast but it’s not really suppose to do that haha 

Anthis is just me thinking but the turbo must be a decent size to get 90% power at under 1500rpm then keep that power all the way to 3.75k rpm

Two chains AND a belt on the rear of the block??? That sound like a very expensive maintenance bill. Second, I wonder if the ECM is going to be encrypted like the 19 Colorado DMax and the upcoming C8. 

I was waiting for this engine also, but starting to lean back towards 6.2