GM Partners With Michelin On Airless Tire Technology - Plans Sales by 2024

Gorehamj

I can't say enough about how much I love my Tweels on my mower, but no thanks for my truck.  They get right full of mud.  I is the greatest feeling not worrying about air pressure though!

• Like 1

On 6/4/2019 at 3:50 PM, Sierra Dan said:

Would be a milestone if this technology came on vehicles from the factory :thumbs:

Perfection for certain Off-roading.... absolutely!

I am curious as to the cost difference between this type of unit and a conventional tire.

Great find John.

I am indifferent on this. For a strictly off road vehicle if these can be setup to the equivalent of say 15 psi (airing down is big off road for many reasons) then I can see blowouts as a thing of the past. But off road tires also make use of the sidewalls for traction and flotation and put in precarious positions with rocks and debris wedged up against them to pull them over obstacles. This current setup wouldn't work I would think. Honestly I think it needs a sidewall to enclose it and help eliminate many of the issues people are seeing with them (or calling out). Also what about for the recreational off roader who uses their daily for back country exploring. How would we air down? It significantly helps the ride, reduces punctures (though these tires eliminate that), treads lightly (saves wear and tear on the environment) and increases traction especially in sand and many other areas such as most snow and mud situations. We can't go down in equivalent psi for off roading then back up when we hit the pavement with these.  

I would like to see more though I like the idea and think it will be great for a good portion of the market. 

Tyler

• Like 1

1 minute ago, amxguy1970 said:

I am indifferent on this. For a strictly off road vehicle if these can be setup to the equivalent of say 15 psi (airing down is big off road for many reasons) then I can see blowouts as a thing of the past. But off road tires also make use of the sidewalls for traction and flotation and put in precarious positions with rocks and debris wedged up against them to pull them over obstacles. This current setup wouldn't work I would think. Honestly I think it needs a sidewall to enclose it and help eliminate many of the issues people are seeing with them (or calling out). Also what about for the recreational off roader who uses their daily for back country exploring. How would we air down? It significantly helps the ride, reduces punctures (though these tires eliminate that), treads lightly (saves wear and tear on the environment) and increases traction especially in sand and many other areas such as most snow and mud situations. We can't go down in equivalent psi for off roading then back up when we hit the pavement with these.  

I would like to see more though I like the idea and think it will be great for a good portion of the market. 

Tyler

I also wonder about the aerodynamic factor of the open veins. Hinder or Help either way.

The concept is definitely intriguing.

Embracing technology takes time in some cases.

• Like 1

Balancing these could be fun....

That's $10 Extra to Wash out your tires and DRY them at the car wash....They Must be dried because hot water freezes FIRST...

I have heard Nothing about Rolling resistance...

27 minutes ago, j-ten-ner said:

I'd imagine that the side wall is closed for the serial production.

To compensate for a damaged/punctured cell, they can connect the cells with small holes the equalize the "air pressure" inside the cells.

so long

j-ten-ner

Wouldn’t that be a tire with air in it though if it had sidewalls?

I'm really interested in these tires, I'm currently in Illinois, USA and want to ship these tires to Dubai. Our Shop located in Dubai so I need these tires in Dubai. I need the quick delivery one of my friends told me that we will contact any Dubai freight forwarding company they will provide complete services and ship safely. 

Can you please tell me the price of 300 Tires with and without shipping charges.

Edited by owenwatts6987

• 2 weeks later...