2019 factory fog lights

26 minutes ago, BlancoSilverado said:

I believe that you reuse the bolts/nuts when you remove the covers. 

Can confirm this is not the case for Sierras at least. Got under there and the covers just snap in. No nuts or bolts where the instructions say to add them. 

2 hours ago, Eds240z06 said:

Hey. This may be a stupid question. But did you have to do step 10?   

Im looking on the brown connector and I see a brown and white wire but I swear I don’t think it’s in cavity 10.    I can tell there is a wire in cavity 10 but I don’t think it’s the brown/ white wire 

Step 10.  ocate the BCM under the lower instrument panel on the driver’s side of the vehicle. Locate BCM connector (X5 Brown) cavity 10, circuit 1317 (BN/WH). It is giveaway on certain trim levels. If circuit is present in cavity 10, disregard steps 11 through 14, and 23 along with the single wire jumper that will not be ne

1 minute ago, dctackett10 said:

Im looking on the brown connector and I see a brown and white wire but I swear I don’t think it’s in cavity 10.    I can tell there is a wire in cavity 10 but I don’t think it’s the brown/ white wire 

Step 10.  ocate the BCM under the lower instrument panel on the driver’s side of the vehicle. Locate BCM connector (X5 Brown) cavity 10, circuit 1317 (BN/WH). It is giveaway on certain trim levels. If circuit is present in cavity 10, disregard steps 11 through 14, and 23 along with the single wire jumper that will not be ne

Or anybody that has installed the fog lights. Can help me out lol 

1 hour ago, dctackett10 said:

Or anybody that has installed the fog lights. Can help me out lol 

I'll caveat by saying I have not completed the dealer flash to ensure my installation was correct. However, my assessment was that there was a wire in every slot in that row and for that reason I didn't need to run the wire from the BCM across the front then through the dash to the engine compartment. That's probably the most difficult part of the whole installation. I'm not going to subject myself to added work if a wire is there. As you probably saw, the wiring in the BCM is so tight that it's tough to distinguish the slots and wire colors. Getting a single wire in there seems like a real chore. 

My challenge with the installation was the fact that the hardware to mount the lights to the bumper were not in the kit. For Sierra at least, the covers were just snap-in so there wasn't existing hardware there either. I had to procure my own. 

9 minutes ago, swing4terps said:

I'll caveat by saying I have not completed the dealer flash to ensure my installation was correct. However, my assessment was that there was a wire in every slot in that row and for that reason I didn't need to run the wire from the BCM across the front then through the dash to the engine compartment. That's probably the most difficult part of the whole installation. I'm not going to subject myself to added work if a wire is there. As you probably saw, the wiring in the BCM is so tight that it's tough to distinguish the slots and wire colors. Getting a single wire in there seems like a real chore. 

My challenge with the installation was the fact that the hardware to mount the lights to the bumper were not in the kit. For Sierra at least, the covers were just snap-in so there wasn't existing hardware there either. I had to procure my own. 

Dude. That sucks.   I called my dealer. They said 75 dollars for the flash. Which isn’t really bad.  Guess I’ll proceed with the next steps. Hopefully it’s right when I take it to them lol 

19 minutes ago, dctackett10 said:

Dude. That sucks.   I called my dealer. They said 75 dollars for the flash. Which isn’t really bad.  Guess I’ll proceed with the next steps. Hopefully it’s right when I take it to them lol 

You had me second guessing. I confirmed my wire in slot 10 was brown/white. You should be good to go. 

10 hours ago, dctackett10 said:

Mine had the wire in place at the bcm so I didn’t have to run the wire

• 2 weeks later...

For those that have done this DIY - couple questions re: Step 25. 

1) How did you remove the existing wire from the connector? I see the that there’s clips from looking at the jumper harness but don’t have anything skinny and small enough to reach them from the top. 

2) How did you route the wire from the jumper harness up through the bottom of the UEC so that everything can be put back together and closed properly?

Edited by swing4terps
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/24/2019 at 5:11 PM, swing4terps said:

For those that have done this DIY - couple questions re: Step 25. 

1) How did you remove the existing wire from the connector? I see the that there’s clips from looking at the jumper harness but don’t have anything skinny and small enough to reach them from the top. 

2) How did you route the wire from the jumper harness up through the bottom of the UEC so that everything can be put back together and closed properly?

For item 1. I’m at a loss that no one else has described this step as it’s the most cumbersome. I gave up and I’m going to the dealer. For step 2. I cut back the plastic from the single lead to the UEC leaving about 8” or so of the wire exposed. I then mashed the top of the skinny plastic cover of the single wire into the larger plastic of the main bunch going into the UEC about 8” below the UEC module. I then taped around the plastic At the point I merged the 2 together. This left a single wire lead up to the UEC module. I managed to take a photo surprisingly as it was really tight to work. 
I welcome any input on the Delphi connection. 
Also, the dealer pricing for programming is all over the place. So far I’ve read of $75 and $135 for full install and programming. My dealer quoted me $150 just for programming and explained that GM charges them just for the call to get the download. They quoted me $250 for install which is how I ended up installing myself. It seems dealers are not clear on installing these. My dealer explained they had not done an install yet with the 2019s so I imagine they are just throwing out numbers without experience. 

692571A5-22F5-450A-B898-8D8F7039CFEB.jpeg

Edited by bobboberton1