2019 factory fog lights

For folks that have installed the lights, does the orange indicator on the fog button illuminate when the lights are on? 

Mine does not. Others have reported the same. 

Would fix of this issue be under warranty?

Edited by swing4terps

1 hour ago, swing4terps said:

For folks that have installed the lights, does the orange indicator on the fog button illuminate when the lights are on? 

Mine does not. Others have reported the same. 

Would fix of this issue be under warranty?

No. However the green fog light indicator on the instrument cluster lights up when the fogs are switched on.

I'm not even sure the fog light button even HAS an indicator on it. 

35 minutes ago, Method2Madness said:

No. However the green fog light indicator on the instrument cluster lights up when the fogs are switched on.

I'm not even sure the fog light button even HAS an indicator on it. 

Apologies. You are correct. The button doesn’t have an indicator. The indicator in the cluster happens to sit right behind the wheel and I did not notice it. 

I just had the kit installed on my 2019 1500 LT by my local dealer.  The one thing that is bothering me is that when I engage the Fog Lamps the dash indicator for daytime running lights comes on - there isn't any indicator that tells me that the fog lights are on (nothing separate).  My brother has the RST which has a 'blue fog lamp' indicator when his are engaged.  Mis-wired by the dealer?

I just had the kit installed on my 2019 1500 LT by my local dealer.  The one thing that is bothering me is that when I engage the Fog Lamps the dash indicator for daytime running lights comes on - there isn't any indicator that tells me that the fog lights are on (nothing separate).  My brother has the RST which has a 'blue fog lamp' indicator when his are engaged.  Mis-wired by the dealer?
Blue should be high beams only. The fog light indicator is green.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, my mis-statement.  There is a Green Fog light indicator on his RST.  I can see that my truck has the mid-level cluster (as it's an LT), and that the correct template is there that includes the fog light indicator - it just doesn't light up.  If the sunlight hits it just right, it's definitely there.

The dealer should have "flashed" this to enable it?

The green fog lamp cluster indicator comes on when they are on(downward angled light symbol). The daytime running light indicator will also come on when you turn the fog lights on if it is during the daylight.

Edited by BronzeSierra

Yup, dealer has to enable them. Make sure you have the GM part number & serial number(label) from the box for the dealer. GM was being real sticklers with my dealer, and wouldn't give them the ability to flash the truck without s/n, had to reschedule. Must be getting real protective to copyright infringement.

You'll need to aim them once they are working. Mine were pointing at the ground. Phillips screw on the bottom back dial them in. For reference, measure the center height of the fog light to the ground and put some tape on a wall at that same height. The truck should be 25' from the wall to align.

Edited by BronzeSierra
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm getting ready to do this in a few days.  I had a quick look and the fuse for the fog lights is already there.  Does anyone know if that means I just need to plug the lights into the harness our do I still have to mess with the underside of the fuse box ( step 18-25)?

On 12/8/2019 at 8:53 PM, hamadybrother said:

I had mine done yesterday and seem to be having the exact same issue, there is no indication on the dash to show that they are on, also anyone know if they have any form of adjustment they seem a little low for my taste!

1 hour ago, Comscan said:

I had mine done yesterday and seem to be having the exact same issue, there is no indication on the dash to show that they are on, also anyone know if they have any form of adjustment they seem a little low for my taste!

I don’t understand why this is such a problem. When I had mine done the dealer got the dash light to illuminate but not the fog lights themselves. They had to keep it for almost 2 days before they could figure it out. 

They told me they needed to install a jumper as part of programming. Whether this is right or not, who knows. May be a suggestion those with issues can make. 

https://www.bajadesigns.com/Products/Chevy-Silverado-2019-Fog-Pocket-Mount-Kits.asp

Here is another option: Combined 6,300 lumen's with brackets, has wire plug adapters to plug into factory harness, otherwise will need to install a switch. $415 if you call they will pretty much give you a 10% discount if you ask!

Edited by Trvlngnrs
  • Like 1