Aftermarket Shocks for AT4

Anyone swapped out these horrible Rancho shocks yet, I called Fox and they said it would be quite awhile.

Anyone know of anything better?

I hate the "boatiness" at highway speeds

Thanks in advance!

Edited by 21STCMC

Anyone swapped out these horrible Rancho shocks yet, I called Fox and they said it would be quite awhile.
Anyone know of anything better?
I hate the "battiness" at highway speeds

Thanks in advance!
Keeping an eye on this. I want to swap them out as well. The back end is terrible in my AT4 when empty.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

See mine is a Z71 and I posted about it being floaty but lots of people disagreed. I have a cheap solution for you. How about some air bags. My buddy put them on his truck an it made the ride much better even without a load on

What tires and how much pressure are you running?

Mine felt like that coming home from the dealer with 18" Duratracs.

I set my pressure to 41psi and after 1500 miles it all seems to have settled out.

They're not the best shocks, but the soft walled Duratracs don't help.

Will switch to KO2's before the shock swap.

For now at 41 psi, it's running pretty good.

What tires and how much pressure are you running?
Mine felt like that coming home from the dealer with 18" Duratracs.
I set my pressure to 41psi and after 1500 miles it all seems to have settled out.
They're not the best shocks, but the soft walled Duratracs don't help.
Will switch to KO2's before the shock swap.
For now at 41 psi, it's running pretty good.
I have KO2s. The problem isn't the softness. It's that the back end kicks out over bumps at moderate speeds.

Don't have that problem.
Lucky. It isn't a problem when I have a load in the box, but it's definitely annoying without. I had the same issue with my 2017 All-Terrain until I switched out the shocks.

Chevy Shake 2.0?

Mine feels okay.
Not for me. Smooth ride unless there are bumps in the highway. Then like I said, the back end kicks out. Super annoying.

• Like 1

If it’s just back end go Bilstein 4600.  If front too go 5100 all around can get the 4 off Amazon for 350.  Quality upgrade without breaking the bank. 

Edited by 4weight

16 hours ago, KA0S said:

Not for me. Smooth ride unless there are bumps in the highway. Then like I said, the back end kicks out. Super annoying.

Have you driven over a railroad crossing yet?

The Ranchos cannot react fast enough on rebound and it feels like the truck is going to rattle apart unless you creep through the crossing.

Aside from more expensive premium Coil-Overs or reservoir shocks, Bilstein, Eibach or Pro Comp SS are good traditional upgrades.

Have you driven over a railroad crossing yet?
The Ranchos cannot react fast enough on rebound and it feels like the truck is going to rattle apart unless you creep through the crossing.
Aside from more expensive premium Coil-Overs or reservoir shocks, Bilstein, Eibach or Pro Comp SS are good traditional upgrades.
Definitely agree. The Ranchos are terrible.

It's honestly surprising how long it's taking for manufacturers to come out with new product for these trucks. You can already order the 2020. I can understand a full suspension lift, but what's taking so long for shocks? It's not like they have to reinvent the wheel here....