Aftermarket Shocks for AT4

I just seen the ones from fox but they are out of stock would the cst or icons be worth the extra money? I have never used any of these brands and my truck will spend 90% of its life on asphalt i am mainly wanting to get the truck to ride better 
Probably not worth the extra cost. I would think bilstein would have something out shortly.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

On 6/7/2019 at 2:17 PM, eppieguy said:

I do agree with what you're saying here but I will tell you from personal experience, if you take off the Rancho's on a brand new truck and replace them with something like a Bilstein 5100 you will see a big ride difference. I did that to my last 2 Tahoes and it was a night and day difference. While the OEM shocks worked just fine once you change to a quality shock you'll see the difference. 

Just my experience, others may vary. 

Amen Drew.

For those who have not experienced another shock other than the factory Rancho, you do not know what you are missing. Just like the song goes.... "You don't know what you've got, Til' it's gone"  LOL

Roddy8, there is a big difference in the "performance shock" category and the "upgraded" shock category.

Coil Overs are in a world of their own with prices well over $400 or more a piece.

Upgraded shocks include the $79-$120 monotube designs that are very affordable.

Eibach has a replacement, too. 

Also, I agree that these Ranchos on the T1s are terrible. My 2007 RWD rode better after 125K on the OEMs. Changing mine soon. 

“Boatiness” is VERY accurate for how the Ranchos perform. 

Edited by econometrics
  • Like 1

Any chance you guys are on Duratracs? I have a AT4 on 18s with the street tires and it rides better than my previous car which was a BMW...There is no "floatiness" or "boatiness" in the ride quality.

I've read several threads about the Duratracs causing vague steering and "floatiness" My impression from the other posters was the Duratrac sidewalls are very soft.

Edited by Chris walker

9 hours ago, Chris walker said:

Any chance you guys are on Duratracs? I have a AT4 on 18s with the street tires and it rides better than my previous car which was a BMW...There is no "floatiness" or "boatiness" in the ride quality.

I've read several threads about the Duratracs causing vague steering and "floatiness" My impression from the other posters was the Duratrac sidewalls are very soft.

I don’t think it’s the tires causing the light steering and “floating”, I replaced my 18” duratracs with new 20” wheels and Continental street tires and I think it is much quieter but the ride is still horrible!

Edited by 21STCMC

I have the 18s with the street tires as well and i still have the floaty feeling where the shocks are just too soft in my opinion i dont think the truck rides bad just feels too soft to me but i have a set of icon coilovers and shocks and a set of moto metal 20s with 285/60s on the way i just didnt want to wait til bilstein or fox released their stuff for the at4 

23 minutes ago, Blk99cobra said:

I have the 18s with the street tires as well and i still have the floaty feeling where the shocks are just too soft in my opinion i dont think the truck rides bad just feels too soft to me but i have a set of icon coilovers and shocks and a set of moto metal 20s with 285/60s on the way i just didnt want to wait til bilstein or fox released their stuff for the at4 

Let us know what you think when you get them installed please

On 6/17/2019 at 9:52 PM, Chris walker said:

On 6/18/2019 at 7:17 AM, 21STCMC said:

I don’t think it’s the tires causing the light steering and “floating”, I replaced my 18” duratracs with new 20” wheels and Continental street tires and I think it is much quieter but the ride is still horrible!

2 hours ago, Blk99cobra said:

Sort of unrelated, but I've been looking for a picture of the AT4 with street tires. Don't suppose you guys could oblige? 

3 hours ago, HBKidJr said:

Sort of unrelated, but I've been looking for a picture of the AT4 with street tires. Don't suppose you guys could oblige? 

Street tires - Goodyear Wranglers

8.jpg?height=400

vs 

offroad - Goodyear Duratracs

6a00d83451b3c669e201b8d2e62cd7970c-pi

Edited by Chris walker