3 hours ago, AJMBLAZER said:

The truck is the same height no matter which wheel was installed on it from the factory.

Also remember the people at tire stores, parts stores, 4 x 4 stores, and online retailers are probably not subject matter expert‘s on your exact Vehicle. 

It sounds like my boy Brent has it down.  Perfect response in my opinion.  But still have to decide if I want to try it lol.  

Hello, 

Thank you for filling me in on the situation you experienced while asking for fitment advice. I will be more than happy to clear anything up with you regarding the package you are looking at. I will provide you with some general points when it come to fitting a Silverado. 

1. The 20x9 18mm offset wheels should work on your vehicle no issue. Once you start going into a lower offset (such as -12mm), your wheels will start to fit outside of the fender wells which increases the chance of rubbing. 

2. On stock suspension, I usually don't recommend any tires over 31.5" by 11.5". The tires in the gallery ad are 33"x10.8". Since the width is lower than 11.5" it is decreasing the chance of rubbing which is helping your case. However, the diameter being 33" may require minor plastic trimming in order to work without rubbing. This could be anything from removing the mud flap to altering the plastic near your front fender/bumper. 

Conclusion: If you would like to go with the setup you requested, you will likely have to do some minor plastic trimming to make the tires fit. The wheels should work with no issues whatsoever. If you were looking to install a leveling kit or lift, these tires will work no problem (still possible for a very slight rub at full turn depending on size of level). If you do not want any suspension work done to your truck, I would highly recommend downsizing the diameter of the tire to right around 31.5". 

I hope this helps give you an idea of what fitments tend to work best on a Silverado. If there are any questions you have regarding fitment, I will be happy to help. 

Regards, 

Brent 
[email protected]

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
On 11/12/2019 at 6:14 AM, NeighborN8 said:

35x12.5's on a 2019 LT Z71

2.5" leveling kit in the front with a 1" spacer for the front wheels. The rear was left stock. I did need to remove a bracket from behind the fender liner along with cutting and forming the mudflap with a heat gun to help with rubbing. 

8970.jpeg

8955.jpeg

I like it!

Edited by Claxy515
I'm dumb.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2019 at 8:26 PM, Philipgonzales3 said:

So I contacted customoffsets.com and asked if these tires and wheels would fit on my truck.  They said Yes because the Silverado in the gallery is stock.  I asked them if they were sure since the truck in the photo appears to be a trail boss and those have a 2" factory lift.  

They asked me for my tire size (I had already provided truck model during the initial email).  I sent them my tire size and they said those tires are larger than the factory recommended spec.  That I would need a level or 2" lift.  

Of course I double check and 275/60R20 is indeed a factory option.  

I also had contacted SCA about these wheels.  https://www.scaperformance.com/chevrolet-products/sca-performance-20-inch-wheel-gloss-black-with-milled-spoke-accents

They mentioned the offset makes the wheels stick out past the fender and that they look best with a lift.  I asked what tire size would go good with them.  Then I never heard back.  

I'm getting frustrated and I haven't even bought anything yet lol.  

rough country makes bolt on fender flares, which will help with the poke.

Edited by BowtieSquatch

On 11/3/2019 at 1:31 PM, Chetb said:

I have a 2.7 turbo 2019 Silverado and wanna get 33’s put on  But wondering if that would cause strain on the motor/tranny

I have the stock 275/60/20 (32.99") tires and it doesn't strain at all, I want a bigger wheel/tire because the 20's look tiny to me.

• 3 months later...

30841731-6F24-4650-B455-F22BA2138D92.thumb.jpeg.463dc568dfdcbfe5810af9ccee4cad69.jpegFor what it's worth, I have Cooper AT3 XLT 275/70/18's (33.2 inches) on my truck (2020 Silverado LT) with no level or lift. There is no rubbing or issues. I am getting a 3" Superlift installed next week but would not need it if I didn't want it.

Edited by RustyVee
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RustyVee said:

30841731-6F24-4650-B455-F22BA2138D92.thumb.jpeg.463dc568dfdcbfe5810af9ccee4cad69.jpegFor what it's worth, I have Cooper AT3 XLT 275/70/18's (33.2 inches) on my truck (2020 Silverado LT) with no level or lift. There is no rubbing or issues. I am getting a 3" Superlift installed next week but would not need it if I didn't want it.

That’s a nice looking truck. I have a question about your 18” wheels. Is that the factory finish on those? I have the same 18” wheels on my RST, but they’re the boring plain silver. I like the gunmetal color on yours much better. 

On 6/6/2019 at 10:21 PM, Philipgonzales3 said:

https://www.customwheeloffset.com/wheel-offset-gallery/677758/2019-chevrolet-silverado-1500-venomrex-vr602-stock-stock

Can I run something like above on my truck?  That truck doesn't look like no LT to me.  Not sure if it could be a trail boss or not which would make it 2" taller?

My truck is a 2019 4x4 Z71 LT Texas Edition.  I want a taller tire if possible.  

Currently on 265/65R18.  I honestly don't know much about trucks or tires but I like the look from the link above.  I don't mind an 18" wheel but want taller tires I think.  

Truck will mostly be driven in the city/highway.  I like an aggressive look but suppose I don't need mud tries.  Probably would be cool but I assume they would handle worse and be louder?  

Anyway open to suggestions on how to get a better look.  Should I just plastic dip the wheels and get taller tires or get the full setup above or something in between?

PhotoPictureResizer_190528_233536679_crop_3651x1788.thumb.jpg.22670ffef372cd4d8652825ddcc42bcb.jpg20190602_145711-1612x1209RS.thumb.jpg.9a9867267d6609321ac1f100399584cb.jpg

These are stock GM 20s with 275-60-20 Toyo open country at3 tires. Got the wheels on eBay. There are tons of like new takeoffs on there If you want black OEM Chevy wheels.

2A2B8D38-640F-44EE-8C91-E8CF093E7571.jpeg

Edited by GMC207

• 3 months later...
On 12/8/2020 at 5:04 PM, RustyVee said:

Saw your truck tonight browsing. Looks great. I just bought a 2020 GMC X31. After having this size for a while, do you like them? I was planning on installing a 2in level kit with this same size. I wanted something a little larger than the factory tires but nothing huge. Also didn’t want a tire that would negatively impact engine / transmission performance. Last question do they set outside the fenders? Thanks man!

Oh one more thing. I had those same exact Cooper tires on my old truck. When I sold it, they had 55k miles on them and I swear I think I could have gone another 20k+. Great off road tire and very low road noise. For me anyways. I’ll

be buying them again.