Share your factory antenna replacements

2 hours ago, Snuff said:

Now be nice fellows! Please explain why you are changing your antenna. Thx!

When I go to work, there is a sign I have to pass under that my antenna was whacking every time I passed underneath it. That, and the Ronin just looks cool, no whip hanging out in the wind.

Scott
2019 GMC Sierra Denali

• Like 1

I changed mine because antennas are stupid on these trucks when something like 95% of vehicles don't have them and they can still get crappy FM radio. I am almost tempted to roll without one. Just cap it maybe.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2019 at 5:26 PM, Snuff said:

Now be nice fellows! Please explain why you are changing your antenna. Thx!

Mine constantly hit my garage door going in and out and I had to remove it every time I went through the car wash and that’s 2-3 times a week. Since I don’t use AM / FM I didn’t need the antenna anyway. 

• 6 months later...
5 minutes ago, Sky Car said:

Generally, long antenna signals are better, but some stubby antennas also have good signals. This copper core spiral antenna is better than others. Do not buy a stubby metal antenna, its signal is terrible ~

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081TZ8TBM

I can't tell you which antenna signal is the best, but I know what antenna is the worst, short metal antenna! A good antenna must have a good internal structure to receive the signal, but the metal antenna perfectly shields everything, leaving only the appearance, just the appearance?