mxwrench91

Sierra Hard Shift + Traction Light

I have a 2009 Sierra 1500 4.8 4x4 with 111,000 miles. All stock, stock size tires, etc. I recently had a gear set let go in my transmission and lost all forward gears with only reverse remaining. I had the transmission rebuilt plus a new torque converter. Drove it 5000 miles since rebuild. I'm having issues with hard up shifts at speeds below 30mph and even harder upshifts at WOT. During the WOT shifts, the traction/stabilitrak light flashes and I'm pretty sure I'm hearing the tires chirp. I've had it back to the trans builder with no issues found. It's not throwing any codes, new Acdelco plugs 9000 miles ago, and I just cleaned the MAF sensor. No change.

Any suggestions on which direction to search in?

Sounds like he put in a upgraded, rebuilt valve body. There are adjustments that can be made to springs, accumulators etc that can change shift points

Then it's possible that some of the gear damage might have made it into the valve body and took some time to finally degrade it. You'll need to run a pressure test through the gear shifts or just drop and rebuild the valve body