So my custom trail boss is the 5.3 with the variable cylinder thing and the 6 speed. it is pretty weak for my taste. i know theres no tune available yet and i put a flowmaster on it. reading that the K&N doesn't do a lot. anybody done anything mod wise to increase HP? superchargers available yet? probably not due to the tuner issue. also i saw something about this engine/trans combo is similar to the 2018 and might be able to do a tune?

Edited by Trail Boss 1

There's tuners out there now. If you have the 6-speed then you have the older 5.3L AFM which is the L82. the L82 was in the 2014-2018 model. 

You should call and verify if any new/other computer connection are in the trucks, and/or verify that it is for the new body style and not the legacy body.

link below:

https://www.cjponyparts.com/bully-dog-performance-programmer-bdx-chevrolet-silverado-gmc-sierra-1999-2019/p/BDXCHEVY/    

• Like 1

Its a shame there is no Flex Fuel option for the 5.3 in 2019.

That will give you roughly 25 more in hp and torque just through running E85.

Sure, MPGs suffer slightly but the seat in the pants feel is well worth it.

• 1 month later...

6.2L Intake swap. I did it on my truck a few days after buying it and it's a huge gain. I ran one on my 2018 and the 2019, I feel, reacted to it better. Huge difference. I'm working on a youtube video comparing the two intake manifolds. It's a cheap swap and can be done in under an hour.

• Like 1