bmartinez2086

Will my MPG hurt if I install Exhaust?

That’s a good question but one that will draw out criticism from some of the forum trolls. To be honest, when considering an exhaust I’ve never thought about mpg’s just the sound quality and only if it would add HP. GM has a cat back system they claim adds at least 10HP more, give it a look and being that you’ve got a new 19 I’d definitely ask your dealership these same questions and save yourself some time by communicating with other 19 model owners with that same experience you’re asking for. Good luck!

Sent from above

51 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

That’s a good question but one that will draw out criticism from some of the forum trolls. To be honest, when considering an exhaust I’ve never thought about mpg’s just the sound quality and only if it would add HP. GM has a cat back system they claim adds at least 10HP more, give it a look and being that you’ve got a new 19 I’d definitely ask your dealership these same questions and save yourself some time by communicating with other 19 model owners with that same experience you’re asking for. Good luck!

Sent from above

Yeah the only problem with my 19 is that it's a legacy model. Meaning 18 bodystyle with bits and parts of both 19 and 18 trucks. The exhaust GM has I've asked and called GM and they said it's not made for my truck. True when getting an exhaust no one thinks about the MPG just how good it sounds. But I am just doing it to get a bit more engine noise for towing purposes.

Yeah the only problem with my 19 is that it's a legacy model. Meaning 18 bodystyle with bits and parts of both 19 and 18 trucks. The exhaust GM has I've asked and called GM and they said it's not made for my truck. True when getting an exhaust no one thinks about the MPG just how good it sounds. But I am just doing it to get a bit more engine noise for towing purposes.

If it’s the 18 5.3 then you should be able to use the one designed for it. There’s also exhaust systems ready for the new body style and engines as well, call BORLA and chat with them about it, they’ve got great products and customer service too.

Sent from above

17 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

If it’s the 18 5.3 then you should be able to use the one designed for it. There’s also exhaust systems ready for the new body style and engines as well, call BORLA and chat with them about it, they’ve got great products and customer service too.

Sent from above

I will call them on the morning then thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1