AT4 Radio/Climate Knobs. WTF?

OK, am I the only one that thinks that GM doesn't pay attention?

All the interior trim in the AT4 has a black chrome finish. Air vents, light controls, etc. except when you get to the center stack.

The climate control and radio knobs are "chrome". WTF? couldn't you match the knobs? Guess they cheeped out so that they could use the same parts in the Denali.

WOuld've been nice if all the knobs on the dash matched. I know it's petty, but c'mon, it's a $65K truck.

So far this is my only complaint with the truck, which is pretty damn good.

Edited by FDHog
  • Like 2

IF you just bought it I'd let the salesman know as maybe pulled a switch without your sales guy knowing. If it's the case and he refuses to attempt to do anything also keep in mind they send out the GM satisfaction survey. You can vent there and that'll surely get you a call from your dealer as they need high ratings to stay good with GM. 

This is a highly discussed Topic.
GM dropped the ball on the 2019 T1 interiors across all trim levels.

K2 interiors are nicer by far than this T1 generation.

RAM wins this category by a mile.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sierra Dan said:

This is a highly discussed Topic.
GM dropped the ball on the 2019 T1 interiors across all trim levels.

K2 interiors are nicer by far than this T1 generation.

RAM wins this category by a mile.

Huh?

GM dropped the ball on the 2019 T1 interiors across all trim levels. They just improved on an already well executed functional design. Might not be the most stylish but it was the most purposeful out of the players and that is key in a truck. Many criticizing it are in the wrong demographic.

K2 interiors are nicer by far than this T1 generation. Really? Not in the ones I have sat in, they improved the materials and touch points of this generation. 

RAM wins this category by a mile. If you want a flashy car interior that most likely won't hold up to long term abuse then yeah, they win. All they did was put in a pretty interior hoping people don't notice all the other downfalls that come with it. That isn't a win in my book, especially when talking long term or the uses a truck is utilized for. 

BTW, I love it when people use price for the justification of their complaint...

Tyler

Edited by amxguy1970
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

The only thing that’s specific to the AT4 is the seat inserts and stitching colors. The darker chrome around the vents and headlight controls is the same on everything so it’s not like it was brought in just for the AT4. You’re giving them too much credit! :P 

The aluminum control knobs are in all GMCs, and they are awful looking IMO. Totally cheesy, and the only sore spot in the GMC interior. I know they tried to differentiate between the brands but there must have been a better way. The dials on the Chevy look and feel much better.

Otherwise if people seriously think the K2 was nicer with it’s ginormous swath of unbroken stitched rubber across the top of the dash, and a center stack that looks like it was being birthed by a cow, I’ll leave them to it. Had them both, and know which one I prefer!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The One thing GM has going to for them with the T1 interiors :  Familiarity!    And there is nothing wrong with that.

Facts are facts gentleman. Opinions are Opinions :thumbs:

I am a long life GM fan and supporter but i know when to call a spade a spade.

T1 is suppose to be an all new truck. I would NOT consider the interior ALL NEW.

Simple Yes. Familiar Yes. Refined.....No.

And by no means am I suggesting to go buy a RAM just for the interior.

It's Lipstick on a Pig as I always say :loser:

• Like 2

GM just dosent do good interiors.  You have to be living under a rock all these years to not know this. From this Camaros to corvettes to their suvs to their trucks.  Interiors just is not their strong suit. The 70k Sierra Denali is last in every interior test.  Even the Cadillac needs major work on the inside. After all these years , it amazes me the lack of attention paid on the inside. But again dosent surprise me. This is GM. not trying to insult anyone either, life long GM guy here with my 5th GM truck, i just know better .. 

By the way you noticed the RAM total sales so far ?  Eating Silverados . Up over 20% YOY.  The ole Lipstick on Ram comment is no longer valid anymore. its a fair ballgame and people are buying more RAM then ever. 

Edited by f8l vnm
  • Thanks 1

My '14 Sierra SLT has the best interior of any GM vehicle I have ever owned.

Only complaint i had/have is why did the drivers assist handle not come standard as they do now.

5 years later and anyone who has never been in it will give me compliments.

My wife and I have test driven  the T1 Silverado High Country and GMC Denali trucks.

Her comment after seeing both.....   " Why did they downgrade the interior from what you have ?"

High Country and Denali should be Premium Interiors. After-all, they are suppose to be Premium Packages.

• Like 1

Hopefully some aftermarket knobs will show up on ebay/amazon in the future. Or perhaps we can remove them and dip them in a color of choice. I like my interior. The only thing I miss is my automatic child lock as sometimes I carry adults in the back and other times my children :)

I also noticed the BOSS speakers no longer stand out without the chrome trim around them as they had in my 17 LTZ Z71...but I rarely look down there when I am driving anyways lol

I guess I'm lucky to come from an F-150 to the 2019 Silverado because the 2019 Silverado's interior seems to be better built and a little nicer than my 2016 Ford F-150.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

I guess I'm lucky to come from an F-150 to the 2019 Silverado because the 2019 Silverado's interior seems to be better built and a little nicer than my 2016 Ford F-150.

This is how I felt going from a 2005 Avalanche to my '14 Sierra. Night and Day comparison between these two generations.

• Like 2

Don't get me wrong. I'm happy with the interior. It's comparable to the interior of the 18 F150 Lariat I came from. It feels roomier and the seats are more comfortable. It's just those damn chrome knobs. I know it's being picky, but they stick out like a sore thumb. 

16 hours ago, FDHog said:

Don't get me wrong. I'm happy with the interior. It's comparable to the interior of the 18 F150 Lariat I came from. It feels roomier and the seats are more comfortable. It's just those damn chrome knobs. I know it's being picky, but they stick out like a sore thumb. 

Yes a little picky but at the same time you have seen the competition and wonder , hey GM why cant you put together a nice interior ? Its not so much the knob but a complete lack of care for the inside. The attention to detail went to the bed, trans, chassis etc . 

• Like 1