2018 LTZ Just died

So I’m driving to my next job in the middle of nowhere and my truck starts down shifting while driving 60mph. 

I pulled over turned it off and restarted, drove a mile same thing...

after doing this a few times to try and limp to the next town it just died..

Submitted for roadside assistance on the app and here I set waiting for a response. 

Kinda bummed because I don’t make money sitting on the side of the road. 

To be continued 

Tom

Disconnect the battery for 15mins. See if that does anything. Oh AlsoHad it load tested. Had a couple dodges go into limp mode because the battery didn't have amp hours to keep it rolling.something to that effect. Either way the battery being resolved that issue.

Sounds kinda like when my throttle position sensor went bad.  It would slow down and run like crap, you could pull over and stop for a couple of minutes, start it, it would run fine for a while, and then run like crap again.  

Below is what my diagnostics says. At least I have wifi! No cell coverage but I can surf the internet We will see how the roadside app works

The Engine and Transmission System is not performing as expected. An issue has been detected in the Fuel Management System used to maintain, control and monitor fuel consumption. If the check engine light is flashing, a misfire condition has been detected. A misfire increases vehicle emissions and could damage the emission control system on the vehicle. Please reduce vehicle speed, avoid hard accelerations, avoid steep uphill grades, and reduce any cargo loads such as a trailer. If the vehicle is continually driven with the check engine light on, the emission controls might not work as well, the vehicle fuel economy might not be as good, and the engine might not run as smoothly. This could lead to future repairs.

18 minutes ago, Fuelie said:

Below is what my diagnostics says. At least I have wifi! No cell coverage but I can surf the internet We will see how the roadside app works

The Engine and Transmission System is not performing as expected. An issue has been detected in the Fuel Management System used to maintain, control and monitor fuel consumption. If the check engine light is flashing, a misfire condition has been detected. A misfire increases vehicle emissions and could damage the emission control system on the vehicle. Please reduce vehicle speed, avoid hard accelerations, avoid steep uphill grades, and reduce any cargo loads such as a trailer. If the vehicle is continually driven with the check engine light on, the emission controls might not work as well, the vehicle fuel economy might not be as good, and the engine might not run as smoothly. This could lead to future repairs.

Did you have a flashing CEL?

Any way to contact On Star to see if they can do a diagnostic test?

Damn, that really blows. I',m sure it was just some random problem with battery or engine. Don't get too worried I'm sure the issue will be easily fixable. Keep us updated and good luck out there!

Update 1

The my Cheverolet app gave the tow truck driver the wrong location, onstar is now dispatching a new driver.

I swear it acts just like its out of gas but I know its not, I just filled up last evening.

Tg

55 minutes ago, Fuelie said:

So in other words, they have no clue. Shocker!

I will say Chevy has been very responsive so far, they called me with a different tow truck company, should be here in 30 min.

I will say this... I am so glad I have the onstar wifi. I have very little cell coverage, at least I can logon to the internet and do emails and surf the net while I'm waiting. Helps pass the time and is a good business expense.

Tom