2018 LTZ Just died

1 hour ago, Fuelie said:

I will say Chevy has been very responsive so far, they called me with a different tow truck company, should be here in 30 min.

I will say this... I am so glad I have the onstar wifi. I have very little cell coverage, at least I can logon to the internet and do emails and surf the net while I'm waiting. Helps pass the time and is a good business expense.

Tom

You never mentioned, was the engine running "rough" when it finally died?

Like a misfire, or possibly something broken internally?

I don't think anything broken internally, engine was running a little rough when it quit. 

We towed it to the first dealer, very small town dealer. He said he didn't have anyone to do that kind of work.

We then found a second dealer not to far away, they were great to work with. Told me they could look at it 7:30 am tomorrow morning.

Gave me a new 2019 blazer as a loaner.

Now I wait till tomorrow 

Tom

Update 2...

Dealer was suppose to look at it this morning which didn't happen. Now maybe this afternoon they say.

Gotta keep my cool...

The 2019 Blazer has terrible blind spots, it is nimble, seems to ride OK. Not a fan of the stop/start. Every time is shuts off you feel the engine shake.

More assessment this afternoon.... Im going on a road trip in it to pass some time.

Tom

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Fuelie said:

Update 2...

Dealer was suppose to look at it this morning which didn't happen. Now maybe this afternoon they say.

Gotta keep my cool...

The 2019 Blazer has terrible blind spots, it is nimble, seems to ride OK. Not a fan of the stop/start. Every time is shuts off you feel the engine shake.

More assessment this afternoon.... Im going on a road trip in it to pass some time.

Tom

Not to mention overpriced. The RS versions are exceeding the 50K mark.  More than a well equipped crew cab truck with discounts.

Nuts if you ask me, but demand is high for SUV's

Update 3....

The dealer called today to give me a update. They started working on it yesterday and said the ECM had codes in it that made no sense. They told me they are working with GM tech support to figure out the problem.

They called this afternoon and said the problem was the ECM, they had one in stock and truck would be ready today by 5pm.

Im going to pick it up tomorrow morning and will report back tomorrow.

I can't really be disappoint in the service, they gave me a nice vehicle and told me I could drive it anywhere I needed to for work. As long as I'm able to work I'm good. If the problem is truly fixed I will be happy with the way I was treated by a small town dealer.

More later.

Tom

• Like 2

UPDATE 

So I drive 300 miles to pick up my truck. Drive 1 mile and my check engine light comes on.. Get the same OnStar message above. 

Back at the dealer and it’s Saturday...

Now I’m getting frustrated but remaining cool for now. 

This stinks if I have to drive without my truck today!

Tom

1 hour ago, Fuelie said:

UPDATE 

So I drive 300 miles to pick up my truck. Drive 1 mile and my check engine light comes on.. Get the same OnStar message above. 

Back at the dealer and it’s Saturday...

Now I’m getting frustrated but remaining cool for now. 

This stinks if I have to drive without my truck today!

Tom

Man that is a huge bummer! I feel your pain. I hope the dealer is competent and gets it figured out for you!

UPDATE

So dealer tells me they need to keep my truck again. I have a great service advisor trying to make the best of a difficult situation.

I ask her if they have something else besides the Blazer for a loaner, I've had lots of back surgeries and the Blazer is just to small.

She puts me in a 19 RST, now I'm happy because its comfortable, tells me whatever I need to do to stay working use the truck like its my own and have at it.

I don't have the initial service report but it said something to the effect of:

Checked for voltage drop

Verified fuel pressure

and that's all I remember.

I am betting on a bad ground somewhere.

Tom

• Sad 1