Have you had any "issues" with your 2019 Chevy/GMC?

Have you had any mechanical or electrical issues with your 2019 Chevy/GMC?  

176 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A lot of pesky little issues.. none requiring a trip to the dealership.

Climate control showing "off" when I actually have the fans running. I'd turn it off then back on, but the "off" would still blink without showing the fan speed. A fix would be to turn it off then back on, it may or may not do it again.

Fish-eye while reversing, but a simple fix was to wait for about five seconds then shift in reverse.

And the loud unsettling thunk whenever I shift to Drive after starting it up.. like above, a simple five seconds, maybe ten seconds then it'll be smoother.

I am still not used to this, none of my Ford F-150's had that, both were flawless. I know it varies among owners with some F-150's drinking oil. I had the older Coyote 5.0 and it was rock solid. The engine in the Chevrolet seems to be solid too.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, MDSilveradoGuy said:

I'm in the process of lemon lawing mine...

Can you go into detail why you are lemon lawing?

I have 2 small issues that goes unnoticed, 

First, when on Bluetooth, the audio's highs come and go, sounds like the tweeters are not connected properly. When i plug in my iphone then i have no problem. I am running an apple watch so two bluetooths connected might be the culprit. 

Second, the dash "touching" the door is not properly seated/ warped. i only see it when getting in the truck. 

35 minutes ago, MDSilveradoGuy said:

I'm in the process of lemon lawing mine...

I've read some of your posts.  I always like to stay informed but hard for me to do so and not be paranoid.  I think it comes down to luck but trying to get an idea on the percentage of people with issues just for curiosity.  I believe a large number of owners don't have any issues but maybe I am wrong and I know if I had the issues you or others have I wouldn't care what the percents were.  I would just want the problem fixed, whether that means switching brands or what not.  

The only positive is it seems Chevy dealers give loaners.  I already had 1 loaner to get some goodies installed on my truck.  From what I understand my old Ford dealers did not provide a loaner no matter what unless you bought the high end extended warranty.  

• Like 2

I’ve never been paranoid myself and would like to think I am understanding. I knew I was buying a first year truck, with a first year powertrain and while inconvenient - expected some minor issues. 

What I did not expect was a total damn meltdown that left everyone scratching their heads. The powertrain is amazing - the wiring to it, not so much. 

The whole thing just makes me sad. I’m not pissed, I’m sad. 

I have said it before and will say it again.

Automakers do not spend enough time testing new releases.

As a result unfortunately, some very early first year owners suffer from it.

I do not think anyone would buy a brand new car, truck or SUV knowing they are a guinea pig for engineers and Technicians during that first year

until most of the bugs are worked out.

You have the new 2.7L Turbo. I suspect there will be some problems with the new 3.0 Diesel as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nothing huge.

4WD warning light came on, truck was stuck in 4WD and didn't disengage when I was on a trail. Turned it off, restarted and went away, but the parking brake lamp illuminated and would set itself anytime I put the truck in park. Dealer did a relearn and it has been fine ever since. 

8speed at first kicked at low speeds, but that's mostly gone away as I have almost 8k on mine.

I use the truck as it was intended, lots of off-roading and some hauling. I couldn't be more happy with it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MDSilveradoGuy said:

I’ve never been paranoid myself and would like to think I am understanding. I knew I was buying a first year truck, with a first year powertrain and while inconvenient - expected some minor issues. 

What I did not expect was a total damn meltdown that left everyone scratching their heads. The powertrain is amazing - the wiring to it, not so much. 

The whole thing just makes me sad. I’m not pissed, I’m sad. 

If I were you I would be both.  To be honest I am sad for you even though it isn't my truck.  I had the first Android phone, the T-mobile G1.  Phone sucked and since then I have always believed to never by the first version of anything.  I do a lot of reading about all types of topics and that always seems to be the consensus regardless of the product.  I waited to get a truck for years, at least the last  5 years I have wanted one (I am 29 if that matters).  

Anyway, yeah I couldn't help myself here.  Hoping for smooth sailing but either way like to read up on all the issues, mods, configurations, etc, etc... 

I'm only at about 800 miles myself, but I know others have had issues pretty early on.  Anyway, be sure to keep us updated on how the lemon law thing works.  I've never had a lemon yet (fingers crossed) so would be curious to know how everyone's issues are resolved or what not.  

A lot of the issues are just bugs that I haven’t bothered seeing a dealer for, and/ or things that corrected themselves. The rampant “trailer disconnected” error did send me to the shop this past winter, but it has since been corrected by GM. Overall for a first year product I think it’s been good. And I’m a fairly early build, 10/2019. Whoops, meant 2018!

Edited by OnTheReel
  • Like 2