Have you had any "issues" with your 2019 Chevy/GMC?

Have you had any mechanical or electrical issues with your 2019 Chevy/GMC?  

176 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

55 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

A lot of the issues are just bugs that I haven’t bothered seeing a dealer for, and/ or things that corrected themselves. The rampant “trailer disconnected” error did send me to the shop this past winter, but it has since been corrected by GM. Overall for a first year product I think it’s been good. And I’m a fairly early build, 10/2019.

It's because you have one of the trucks from the future! Haha just being a smart a**.  I know what you meant. 

• Haha 1

Day 3 of owning the truck my master cylinder cap was defective and leaked brake fluid all over. My brake pedal creaks. My brake pedal pulses. Also, brakes feel like they don’t release right away at times. I have the brake life sensor that has wrong readings. Steering column replaced. Radio replaced due to going black. Have the half shaft/ diff jingle. Now have a new noise almost sounds like something with my ac/fan coming from the dash every time I turn on the truck. Sounds like the noise from a playing card in the spoke of a tire. Just opened a case for a replacement truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Thejet07 said:

Day 3 of owning the truck my master cylinder cap was defective and leaked brake fluid all over. My brake pedal creaks. My brake pedal pulses. Also, brakes feel like they don’t release right away at times. I have the brake life sensor that has wrong readings. Steering column replaced. Radio replaced due to going black. Have the half shaft/ diff jingle. Now have a new noise almost sounds like something with my ac/fan coming from the dash every time I turn on the truck. Sounds like the noise from a playing card in the spoke of a tire. Just opened a case for a replacement truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn that really sucks!  I'd be very ticked off to say the least.  Hope it all works out for you.

I've had my 2019 6.2 LTZ for 4 months \ 2900 miles and I've had ZERO real issues.   The only thing I've noticed has to do with the wheel well liners.  One of them is missing 2 of the screws that hold it in there.  I don't see that as anything at all.  Performance and everything else has been fine on mine.   Mine was built 8/18 just as a reference.   

The 10 speed transmission and 6.2 are amazing, that's the main reason i bought this.   

Smitty

• Like 2

Sadly as with all forum polls- you'll see a good margin of error as anyone can vote and it is not limited strictly to 2019 owners.  no way to do that.  There will be those who don't own a 2019 and vote anyway. 

1 hour ago, Colossus said:

Sadly as with all forum polls- you'll see a good margin of error as anyone can vote and it is not limited strictly to 2019 owners.  no way to do that.  There will be those who don't own a 2019 and vote anyway. 

Yep, also those who joined the forum and traded to something else, never to return.  And don't forget the biggest category.  Those who are not registered on the forum.  From other forums I have been in most forum members tend to be male also.  Anyway this isn't meant to be in any way, shape, or form a scientific measure.  It's basically just for fun.  Take the numbers with a grain of salt.  I would assume that the number of people with issues would be higher in this forum than the general public but then again nobody knows for sure nor do I think it matters.  I still find the data interesting.  I'm sure if this was on the dodge forums the numbers would be flipped!  Haha sorry to any Dodge owners just teasing.  

Edited by Philipgonzales3
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Colossus said:

Also if the numbers were 50/50% would I care if I was in the 50% that did not have any issues?  What if it was 99%/1% and I was in the 1% with catastrophic issues.  If 1% of the trucks just blew up out of no where would that be a big deal?  Just some random thoughts.  Sorry for blabbing on lol.  

Edited by Philipgonzales3

I've had the truck since 2/14 and just turned 7000 miles today. Had a check engine light come on and stay on. Took it to dealership and they did a software update that fixed the issue. Had something to do with the anti lock brake module. Other than an occasional funky trans shift, the truck has been great. That being said, I'm coming out of two previous F150  Ecoboosts that were flawless, so this GMC has some pretty big shoe to fill. Over the years I've had 7 GM trucks and 8 Ford trucks, probably had slightly less issues from the Fords but not enough to make me favor one over the other.

• Like 2

At about 300 miles, my radio physical buttons stopped working (volume, home, prev, next) but the touch screen and steering wheel controls worked.  Took it to the dealer without turning off the key to show the service dept.  Made an appointment to bring it back but everything worked after sitting overnight.  They never found an issue.

Also, as others have stated on this site, the brake life monitor is not working.  I was sitting at 1043 miles and it read 80% front and 88% rear remaining.  Service dept pulled the brakes off and they told me the pads weren't even worn down enough to expose the sensor wire so it should have displayed 100%.  They told me to ignore it for now without offering a fix.  "It's a new system.  We don't know anything about it."  I'm currently at 1201 miles and it is showing 76% front and 86% rear remaining.

• Like 1

2019 Silverado 1500 RST Crew Cab, love the truck but very concerned about the seemingly unfixable torque converter problem. When shifting from reverse to drive, unless the truck is 100% stationary, it will surge and slam into drive.

When holding a steady speed, especially going up a slight incline, the transmission will surge and feel like it’s slipping cogs or something. It clunks and bumps and surges something awful. I’ve read a ton on here about other guys’ experiences, what has and hasn’t worked. I’m hoping they can just update the transmission software. I’ve read that GM had acknowledged the issue and was supposed to send out an announcement in Q1 2019, but as far as I can tell, that hasn’t happened. Would greatly appreciate any feedback from others on this issue. 

I’ve seen the camera fisheye thing twice, but have since trained myself to wait 4-5 seconds before shifting into reverse and haven’t seen it since. 

Oh, and the ridiculous screen brightness when shifting into reverse. But I think that’s inherent in the design, not a “problem” per se.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mbaee said:

At about 300 miles, my radio physical buttons stopped working (volume, home, prev, next) but the touch screen and steering wheel controls worked.  Took it to the dealer without turning off the key to show the service dept.  Made an appointment to bring it back but everything worked after sitting overnight.  They never found an issue.

Also, as others have stated on this site, the brake life monitor is not working.  I was sitting at 1043 miles and it read 80% front and 88% rear remaining.  Service dept pulled the brakes off and they told me the pads weren't even worn down enough to expose the sensor wire so it should have displayed 100%.  They told me to ignore it for now without offering a fix.  "It's a new system.  We don't know anything about it."  I'm currently at 1201 miles and it is showing 76% front and 86% rear remaining.

Yeah I think the brake life % thing is just plain off.  Either on purpose to get people in the shop super early or just bad code.  I'd like to think it's the second.  Mine is off too or else I'll need new pads by 10K miles.  Not a big deal to me though since I can just visually inspect the pads.  Weird about the radio buttons.  Fingers crossed it behaves from now on.  

1 hour ago, JTM said:

2019 Silverado 1500 RST Crew Cab, love the truck but very concerned about the seemingly unfixable torque converter problem. When shifting from reverse to drive, unless the truck is 100% stationary, it will surge and slam into drive.

When holding a steady speed, especially going up a slight incline, the transmission will surge and feel like it’s slipping cogs or something. It clunks and bumps and surges something awful. I’ve read a ton on here about other guys’ experiences, what has and hasn’t worked. I’m hoping they can just update the transmission software. I’ve read that GM had acknowledged the issue and was supposed to send out an announcement in Q1 2019, but as far as I can tell, that hasn’t happened. Would greatly appreciate any feedback from others on this issue. 

I’ve seen the camera fisheye thing twice, but have since trained myself to wait 4-5 seconds before shifting into reverse and haven’t seen it since. 

Oh, and the ridiculous screen brightness when shifting into reverse. But I think that’s inherent in the design, not a “problem” per se.

I've had a couple of clunky shifts but honestly it has not bothered me any yet.  I only have 800 miles on the truck though.  Basically was a downshift and clunk noise a couple of times when driving slow.  Keeping my ear to the ground though regarding the issues and lawsuits coming of this.  

I've had the fisheye thing happen once but I usually remote start the truck and guess I'm a little slow to get going anyway.  So usually won't be a problem for me but hopefully the fix it anyway.  It's 2019 after all.

Haven't noticed the screen brightness issue.  Is it only at night?  I hardly drive at night if I can help it.  Does it happen everything and the whole time you are in reverse?  Just curious so I'll know it when/if I see it. 

Yes, only at night. Looks great during the day, but for some reason, GM hasn't fixed the "Crank the brightness up to 1,000 when it goes into reverse" problem. Why the screen brightness isn't matched to the dash light level is utterly beyond me. 

You literally have to cover the screen with something or you can't see your mirrors and it destroys your night vision.  

Edited by JTM
  • Like 2