Have you had any "issues" with your 2019 Chevy/GMC?

Have you had any mechanical or electrical issues with your 2019 Chevy/GMC?  

176 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 minutes ago, Philipgonzales3 said:

Yeah I think the brake life % thing is just plain off.  Either on purpose to get people in the shop super early or just bad code.  I'd like to think it's the second.  Mine is off too or else I'll need new pads by 10K miles.  Not a big deal to me though since I can just visually inspect the pads.  Weird about the radio buttons.  Fingers crossed it behaves from now on.  

Fingers crossed for sure.  I'm not too concerned about either issue plus I know it's a new model year and all, but I am a little concerned about the dismissive attitude about the brakes.  I was on track for a new set of front pads at 5k, rear around 9k.  As long as there is no physical issue (sticky calipers, etc) causing real wear I won't fight too hard, but I can't help being a little upset that part of my $40k+ truck doesn't work correctly and the service department doesn't seem to care.  I might take it to a different dealer and see if they'll do more than a physical inspection.

Good luck to all of us willing beta testers.  Unfortunately it's the price we pay to get the latest style.

• Like 1

I also forgot to mention this.. when I plug in my Android Auto, it's fine but seems to reboot two or three times.

Then when I reverse, activating the rear camera, then shift it back. The Android Auto needs to reboot 2 or 3 times again then sometimes I have to give it the destination again.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Wiggums said:

A lot of pesky little issues.. none requiring a trip to the dealership.

Climate control showing "off" when I actually have the fans running. I'd turn it off then back on, but the "off" would still blink without showing the fan speed. A fix would be to turn it off then back on, it may or may not do it again.

Fish-eye while reversing, but a simple fix was to wait for about five seconds then shift in reverse.

And the loud unsettling thunk whenever I shift to Drive after starting it up.. like above, a simple five seconds, maybe ten seconds then it'll be smoother.

I am still not used to this, none of my Ford F-150's had that, both were flawless.150's drin I know it varies among owners with some F-king oil. I had the older Coyote 5.0 and it was rock solid. The engine in the Chevrolet seems to be solid too.

These problems seem pretty light compared to the 2018 F150. Go over to F150 Forum and take a look. I traded mine in after 8 months. Couldn't take it anymore between the crappy trans and the oil burning V8. This is my first GM truck and after almost 2K miles, my AT4 has been fine. BTW, my last 7 trucks were Fords.

• Like 3

Does the volume go up when there's more sounds in the cab? I know there is a setting in the radio to adjust volume when it detects more noise than usual in the cab, then goes back to normal when it quites down.

Mine does that every time I smash the gas.. [emoji28]

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, FDHog said:

These problems seem pretty light compared to the 2018 F150. Go over to F150 Forum and take a look. I traded mine in after 8 months. Couldn't take it anymore between the crappy trans and the oil burning V8. This is my first GM truck and after almost 2K miles, my AT4 has been fine. BTW, my last 7 trucks were Fords.

I mentioned I had a 2012 and a 2016. Both had no glitches. My Silverado has a lot of little issues, but none requires a visit. I knew about the issues with 2015 so I waited a year. Should have done the same with the Silverado.

4 minutes ago, jpinoy said:

Does the volume go up when there's more sounds in the cab? I know there is a setting in the radio to adjust volume when it detects more noise than usual in the cab, then goes back to normal when it quites down.

Mine does that every time I smash the gas.. emoji28.png

Another pinoy? Dope. My volume increases, it's throttle dependent.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jpinoy said:

Mine does that every time I smash the gas.. emoji28.png

No noise in the cab on highways and around a corner.  Truck did save my life this week on a pile up on QEW Niagara bound . Hit the brakes and the Boss stopped on a dime. Semi behind me hit the shouder hard. Went home and drank some good Canadian Whiskey 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Most of the complaints I read lately are on items we don’t need. I would love to be able to buy my 92 new. Brake pad life monitor, really? What happened to the old way? People these things cost money. The new one that makes me laugh. The new GM tailgate. I can get in my 92 put in my cassette adapter and plug in my phone. That is if I get tired of my 6 disc cd changer. If I want to look under the hood at night I turn on my under hood light. I wonder how many of these new electronics will still be reliable in just 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I have almost 4k on my RST 5.3, and my only complaint is the radio won't connect with apple car play every now and again, and I have to reset it. I have had the trans jerk/slam a couple of times, but it has more or less stopped doing it. The truck has had some dealer time though, recalls and updates they applied while I was having them install the rear wheel well liners and the Kicker sub. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JTM said:

2019 Silverado 1500 RST Crew Cab, love the truck but very concerned about the seemingly unfixable torque converter problem. When shifting from reverse to drive, unless the truck is 100% stationary, it will surge and slam into drive.

Same here, very unsettling. Was told to wait for 15 seconds which helped a bit, but I don't like it because it also does that after the auto-stop is activated for a long time.

There isn’t a human in the planet that backs up from a parking space or something then sits................for 15 seconds................ then puts their vehicle in Drive. That dealer is off his nut. 

There are times when you don’t have time to putz around, like when you make a 3 point turn and head the other way. If cars are coming who is going to sit there for 15 seconds? Crazy!

On 6/12/2019 at 1:40 PM, Sierra Dan said:

Now this is a Topic i would be curious to browse through over on the 2019/2020 RAM 1500 Forums!  LOL

Here you go:  https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/how’s-your-2019-ram-running-take-our-poll.1017/

Not as bad as you might think.  

I noticed no one hear mentioned the 28 page rear window leak issue.