Have you had any "issues" with your 2019 Chevy/GMC?

Have you had any mechanical or electrical issues with your 2019 Chevy/GMC?  

176 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Another thing I’ve noticed is how weak the clear coat is on these trucks. Mine is the dark blue, so everything shows up. Last time I washed it, I noticed an alarming number of bug stains in the clear. This is my 18th vehicle and I have never seen clear this soft. 

Anyone else notice this?

1 hour ago, JTM said:

Another thing I’ve noticed is how weak the clear coat is on these trucks. Mine is the dark blue, so everything shows up. Last time I washed it, I noticed an alarming number of bug stains in the clear. This is my 18th vehicle and I have never seen clear this soft. 

Anyone else notice this?

I wouldn't worry about it.  You'll be on 19 soon enough!  Haha just teasing but it's probably true.  Lol.

38 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

Over 300,000 RAM 1500s were just recalled for faulty airbags and seat belts not working in a crash.

I think I'll take my crappy clear coat and wonky transmission over that. OUCH

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Philipgonzales3 said:

I wouldn't worry about it.  You'll be on 19 soon enough!  Haha just teasing but it's probably true.  Lol.

Had Xpel clear wrap put on front today. Problem solved.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2019 at 8:47 PM, NewRado said:

My USB ports randomly won't work. Pretty annoying when I need to get directions off of Android Auto.

Happens with the K2 trucks also. I have it from time to time when playing music from a USB drive in my Sierra. Usually wiggling it around does the trick! 

• Like 1

Drove away and halfway down the street the radio was on but not playing... I could scroll channels / stations inputs but no sounds....  Then when I got to my destination, the E parking brake set it self...     

Later that day, radio worked and after parking again, I went to the truck 5 minutes later and got something out of the back seat and closed the door and the parking brake set itself again...

Called the dealer they said maybe it needed a software update.   Before getting to the dealer I got a call on a recall/ update that needed to be done...

Been working since..

My GMC needed a software update? Are we driving cell phones now? 

13 hours ago, steveved said:

Here you go:  https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/how’s-your-2019-ram-running-take-our-poll.1017/

Not as bad as you might think.  

I noticed no one hear mentioned the 28 page rear window leak issue.

50% of trucks with issues.  I mean it's always hard to know if that is high or not.  It sounds high, but it depends on what someone would consider an issue.  If someone considered the fisheye reverse problem on our trucks and "issue" then you could say 100% of the trucks have an issue.  

I can create another poll using the equivalent choices, so that we can get more of an apples to apples comparison if anyone thinks that would be beneficial? 

• Like 1

I've had various electrical issues that have "fixed" themselves by cycling the truck off and on or just cycling through several restarts/reboots.  I've had saved settings revert back to default factory settings which I've had to manually reset myself.  I've had the radio playing FM and Bluetooth simultaneously through the head unit as well as erroneous DIC codes displayed which cleared without having to pull out the OBD-II.

I don't like the gremlins but it's nice having a machine that fixes itself!

3 hours ago, Philipgonzales3 said:

50% of trucks with issues.  I mean it's always hard to know if that is high or not.  It sounds high, but it depends on what someone would consider an issue.  If someone considered the fisheye reverse problem on our trucks and "issue" then you could say 100% of the trucks have an issue.  

I can create another poll using the equivalent choices, so that we can get more of an apples to apples comparison if anyone thinks that would be beneficial? 

Damn, I got a lot of bugs in my new truck, but none required a trip to the dealer 20 miles away so I'd have to say no.. I can live with it, but, damn, that's annoying.

Fisheye issues, Android Auto rebooting and being intermittent, air conditioner saying "off" on screen even at full blast, clunky transmission that jerks the truck when I shift it to D, and more. Then there's the issue I had with the back end fishtailing so bad I nearly ran over a pedestrian on a road that was covered in dried dirt but that wasn't a mechanical issue, that's just the way Chevrolet designed it. I fixed that by changing tire pressure but I'm still disappointed overall.

• Sad 1

Minor software and electrical issues are nothing compared to over 300,000 2019-2020 RAM 1500 trucks recently recalled for

Airbags not deploying in a crash and seat belt tensioners that do not work upon impact.

I know which direction I would throw my hard earned money at for a new truck purchase.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

Minor software and electrical issues are nothing compared to over 300,000 2019-2020 RAM 1500 trucks recently recalled for

Airbags not deploying in a crash and seat belt tensioners that do not work upon impact.

I know which direction I would throw my hard earned money at for a new truck purchase.

IDK man all the car and driver/Edmunds etc type of reviews I've seen say Ram is the way to go.  I think it's kind of funny that the interior on the trucks is talked about so much.  I mean as long as my a** fits in the seat and it doesn't hurt then not sure I'd complain about much else haha.  I mean I did choose to get leather so the kiddos won't stain the seats and I do like the storage compartments in the seats and in the truck but I wouldn't pick a truck based on the interior.  I know that's not the only difference but seems like one of the major reasons why ram edges out the other trucks.  I'm like really.  Literally the least important thing (to me anyways lol).