Have you had any "issues" with your 2019 Chevy/GMC?

Have you had any mechanical or electrical issues with your 2019 Chevy/GMC?  

176 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, GBsilverado95 said:

Wiper fluid sensor keeps saying it’s low but that’s minor. More concerned with my truck having 2,500 miles on it and its chipping on the rocker panel and in front bottom of rear fender. Mainly the paint that has a texture to it. I noticed the paint/clear coat is VERY soft. If I wanted to I could most definitely scratch it off with my fingernail. Has anyone else noticed this? It’s Havana brown metallic 

I don't wanna look!  Lol.  I have a small chip, I think in the same area.  But if I don't look at it, it can't bother me! 

I don’t blame you. My 2015 in sunset orange had 140,000 miles on it and it had those textured areas I would say the paint held up well on it. I had m/t’s on it and had very few rock chips. I’m just hoping I just had bud luck so far and don’t get any more.

When you're sitting in the drivers seat you feel the support from the seat on your right side/back but barely on the left. Almost like the seat is turned outward or the lumbar support is inflating more on the one side. I've tried paying attention to how I sit, hand position, leg position etc. I'm leaning toward it's something with the lumbar/padding. When you make a right hand turn it feels like you're falling into the door. Left hand turns you feel good support and don't feel like you're falling into the center console.

Dealership is working with me so I can't complain at all about them. Never had an issue with any other vehicles I've driven. Had a couple other people drive it and they felt it too.

Edited by Zeker
  • Like 1

Two issues for me. About three weeks ago I had a check engine light. I brought it to the dealer and it was a knock sensor. It was cleared and did not come back. This past weekend I was driving and the check engine light came on along with a message on the screen saying engine power reduced. Felt under-powered and felt like it wanted to stall from a stop with slow acceleration.  Brought it to the dealer and it was the cam position sensor. 3000 miles. Starting off great haha.

Edited by Passivaggressor

I've had my '19 Sierra for about two weeks now and have just over 1,500 miles. No issues other than the parking brake randomly setting itself a few times. I'll bring it up when I take it in for its first oil change. 

4 hours ago, Zeker said:

When you're sitting in the drivers seat you feel the support from the seat on your right side/back but barely on the left. Almost like the seat is turned outward or the lumbar support is inflating more on the one side. I've tried paying attention to how I sit, hand position, leg position etc. I'm leaning toward it's something with the lumbar/padding. When you make a right hand turn it feels like you're falling into the door. Left hand turns you feel good support and don't feel like you're falling into the center console.

Dealership is working with me so I can't complain at all about them. Never had an issue with any other vehicles I've driven. Had a couple other people drive it and they felt it too.

I've noticed this too.  This is my first truck and I didn't notice it at first but after a couple of weeks I noticed that I didn't feel like I was sitting with my back square on the seat.  I thought Chevy finally centered the steering wheel as I've heard it used to be offset but now the seating position is offset.

When I sat in the truck today I checked it out and I think it's caused by the middle console.  It puts pressure on the back bolster on the right side of the drivers seat.  I weigh 250 so that probably doesn't help.  Check it out when you get in it.  Put your hand in between the seat and the middle console and it seems like there is some pressure there from the middle console.  I have the middle seat instead of the full console if that matters any.  

15 hours ago, Philipgonzales3 said:

I've noticed this too.  This is my first truck and I didn't notice it at first but after a couple of weeks I noticed that I didn't feel like I was sitting with my back square on the seat.  I thought Chevy finally centered the steering wheel as I've heard it used to be offset but now the seating position is offset.

When I sat in the truck today I checked it out and I think it's caused by the middle console.  It puts pressure on the back bolster on the right side of the drivers seat.  I weigh 250 so that probably doesn't help.  Check it out when you get in it.  Put your hand in between the seat and the middle console and it seems like there is some pressure there from the middle console.  I have the middle seat instead of the full console if that matters any.  

I'm about 210. I have the full console and the seat doesn't touch the console so I don't think that's my issue. I have done things like take a straight edge across the front seat but it seems to square up to the steering wheel and dash. If you look from outside into the cab it appears the seat is "twisted" outward but must be just the angle/illusion since the straight edge looks ok. I did notice the bottom part of the seat angles down/outward a little over a half inch if you have the truck level. The passenger seat is level. Not much of a difference but....   When I ride in the passenger seat it feels "normal". Even support on your whole back. 

I had test drove a 2017 or 2018 Denali awhile back and the steering wheel was off. Didn't like it so I passed on it.

Edited by Zeker
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/12/2019 at 5:08 PM, Smitty said:

I've had my 2019 6.2 LTZ for 4 months \ 2900 miles and I've had ZERO real issues.   The only thing I've noticed has to do with the wheel well liners.  One of them is missing 2 of the screws that hold it in there.  I don't see that as anything at all.  Performance and everything else has been fine on mine.   Mine was built 8/18 just as a reference.   

The 10 speed transmission and 6.2 are amazing, that's the main reason i bought this.   

Smitty

How is you performance, I got a High Country 6.2 liters and is way more gas on it than my 2014 5.3, I know it suppose to burn more gas but men........that is way more difference it is giving me 12 mpg at most 13....

On 6/26/2019 at 8:49 AM, Zeker said:

I'm about 210. I have the full console and the seat doesn't touch the console so I don't think that's my issue. I have done things like take a straight edge across the front seat but it seems to square up to the steering wheel and dash. If you look from outside into the cab it appears the seat is "twisted" outward but must be just the angle/illusion since the straight edge looks ok. I did notice the bottom part of the seat angles down/outward a little over a half inch if you have the truck level. The passenger seat is level. Not much of a difference but....   When I ride in the passenger seat it feels "normal". Even support on your whole back. 

I had test drove a 2017 or 2018 Denali awhile back and the steering wheel was off. Didn't like it so I passed on it.

I meant to reply back sooner but I forgot.  I took a closer look and the seat does not appear to make contact with the center console.  I do feel like I'm not sitting evenly on the seat.  Doesn't bother me except when my OCD kicks in and then it bugs me lol.  Did you ever find out anything on this?  

There seems to be a rattle on the driver side dash (by my left foot) when I am going above 55 mph.  This happens about 80% of the time.  Taken it to the dealership multiple times with no help.  Tried to take apart the dash cover but I was unable to remove the panel below the steering wheel.  From what I can see all the screws are tight.  Read about the hood latch rattling, but that is not the case.  This has been driving me crazy.

14 hours ago, juanio1980 said:

How is you performance, I got a High Country 6.2 liters and is way more gas on it than my 2014 5.3, I know it suppose to burn more gas but men........that is way more difference it is giving me 12 mpg at most 13....

Wish I could help ya out. But, mine is a 5.3

So far, the best I've got back, from my 200 mile trip was 20.4 I think.

City is creeping up to about 16-17 now.

At first, she was like 14-15

• Like 1