Have you had any "issues" with your 2019 Chevy/GMC?

Have you had any mechanical or electrical issues with your 2019 Chevy/GMC?  

176 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have about 2500 miles on my RST. Owned it for just about 3 months. No real issues at all, honestly. The phone BT connection has been spotty at random times, but nothing systemic. 

8 speed had some poor shifts the first 1000 miles from time to time, but it has been very smooth since. The only thing I can complain about are the Rancho shocks, which - I feel - are total crap. 

I was just out of the country, riding a bus around a Middle Eastern country the past 10 days. I will say that sometimes us truck nuts can get hyper sensitive to small issues as owners. Being away from my truck for just over a week gave me some perspective. Now that I'm back to driving it around after some absence, the minor things that were nagging (including the Rancho ride) are not as bad as I felt they were before. Funny how this can happen. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sierra Dan said:

Minor software and electrical issues are nothing compared to over 300,000 2019-2020 RAM 1500 trucks recently recalled for

Airbags not deploying in a crash and seat belt tensioners that do not work upon impact.

I know which direction I would throw my hard earned money at for a new truck purchase.

Not all were affected, just a few. But all were recalled just to be safe.

The problems I'm getting out of my Chevy won't initiate a massive recall though. I would prefer a 1% chance of airbags not inflating over dealing with pesky electronic gremlins that seem to affect a lot of Silverado owners.

Edited by Wiggums
  • Like 1

I had this posted on Troubleshooting..probably should have posted it here instead...Friday update..Dealer is taking it in on Monday...brake wear indicator is now at 36% after only 300 more miles driving..BUT the brakes feel uneven ..occasionally quick boost then next stop major effort required..don't like that...

Here was my post:

My 6.2 Z71 Silverado has been having ongoing issues with this pathetic entertainment system .. 1st - the infotainment screen , new for 2019 models , has a much thinner and lighter typeface then the 2018 unit..makes it very hard to read secondary information displayed.. The older unit had secondary info in a dark teal color..stood out very well..this one is gray. I showed the difference in an earlier post. The typeface on the controls is also smaller and thinner and lighter.  2nd.  My truck showed a service power brake boost on the DIC.. actually eliminated all power assist on the brake system. The dealer receipt showed a few downloads software updates and the message has not shown up again. HOWEVER with only 7000 miles the brake life monitor is showing 44% . The monitor was showing 85 % at 5000 miles when the updates were applied at the dealer. The truck feels like it has minimal boost , then no boost, then it feels like the pedal is being pushed way too far to stop. Something is not right.. Oh and my mileage is 90 % - Interstate 75 between Ft Myers , Fl and Tampa, Fl . 3rd problem . on the entertainment display, when I took her in for service at 5000 miles, the  unit said climate control off.... it would recirculate air but no fan speed or coolness.. I was told there was no fix at that time. Its been 5 weeks and it has happened 10 more times..and it is a 95 degree Florida summer.   4th problem, The display says service rear vision camera. there is no back up, no surround, no nothing..this has happened 6 times now..As in all the problems except the brakes, , it appears normal after 30 mins and a restart. 

My 2018 Colorado had NONE of these issues... My dealer is 30 miles away,  My neighbor has a 2019 Denali 6.2 and has had none of these issues..he is at 14,000 miles and his brake monitor is at 86%. His brakes also feel like mine did before the downloads....Like they could actually stop the vehicle.  Now it seems that there is a big issue with this whole entertainment computer system. I would rather have a lower HD display  and systems that worked than them selling me a 68,000.00 truck that is not ready for market. Judging from the posts on this site, there are many experiencing these problems also.... My Uncle has a 2018 Escalade..6.2 10 speed..he has no issue with the electronis or the display..They had surround view for a few years.  He also has 36,000 miles on it and has 58% brake life left.  Sorry for rambling, but I was ready to buy a 2019 Camaro 2ss,   But no more new system... If they can't fix it then they need to stop selling it. GM must have hired the Boeing Software Engineers..  Take these problems away, and it is a creat truck, powerful, good looks, But ya gotta have the whole thing working at this or any price point... Thanks for viewing my ramble.

• Like 3

I bought a 2019 RAM Limited in July 18 and thought I was set for the next 10 years.  The 19 was a POS. I had to get out of it.  I went GM just because there were so many rebates and incentives. I bought an LT so I wouldn't be so deep into the truck in case I just didn't like it.  I had never owned a GM Truck.  It is a nice truck. I have had couple issues like the climate saying off when it is not.  I have had the infotainment randomly reboot.  Bluetooth issues with having to pair the phone again after a while.  Those are things that will get ironed out with updates.  I got one already and it helped a lot. 

One thing I love about my 5.3 is the fuel economy.  It KILLS the RAM.  I also think the app for locks and remote start are fantastic.  They work super fast and reliably.  The RAM app is useless.  Plus the RAM does not have LTE wifi.  A lot of things I just didn't understand what they were thinking with the RAM.  The preached all of this technology and it didn't even have the ability to see fuel level and tire pressure with the 12.1 inch screen.  

I will drive my LT for a couple years and see what the future of these trucks brings.  I wanted adaptive cruise badly.  Glad to see that is there for 2020.  Ill see where I am at and most likely will stick with GM and get a high country. As of right now with how it is going that is my plan. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wiggums said:

Not all were affected, just a few. But all were recalled just to be safe.

The problems I'm getting out of my Chevy won't initiate a massive recall though. I would prefer a 1% chance of airbags not inflating over dealing with pesky electronic gremlins that seem to affect a lot of Silverado owners.

The 2019 Ram 1500's have as many, if not more, electronic gremlins. The guys I work with that have 2019 Ram 1500's have been making weekly trips to the dealer for backup camera glitches, touchscreens going black randomly, stalling issues, etc. 

• Like 1

So far my 2019 has been great. Aside from the normal hiccups with a near transmission that needed to do its adaptive shifting stuff, I haven't had any issues aside from a couple little rattles. My only complaint are the Z71's Ranchos. Terrible shocks. I don't know why GM and Ford still use them on the Z71 and FX4's. Oh wait I know, because they're dirt cheap. Otherwise my T1 is a huge improvement over the 2014 I owned previously. Better handling, better ride, side mirrors that are actually big enough to be useful, much better acceleration, DFM way better than AFM, awesome fuel economy, etc. 

• Like 1

On 6/13/2019 at 12:11 AM, JTM said:

Yes, only at night. Looks great during the day, but for some reason, GM hasn't fixed the "Crank the brightness up to 1,000 when it goes into reverse" problem. Why the screen brightness isn't matched to the dash light level is utterly beyond me. 

You literally have to cover the screen with something or you can't see your mirrors and it destroys your night vision.  

I got the same issue with my truck. Very dull gray scale not black GPS background at night and even when you dim everything once in reverse it feels it needs to go to full brightness blinding you. Its at the dealer since last week. Spoke to the service manager today I was told they replaced some module and still goes to full brightness when you put it in reverse. They will try software update or something with help from GM on Monday. Other than that the truck has been great. 

5 hours ago, HondaHawkGT said:

The 2019 Ram 1500's have as many, if not more, electronic gremlins. The guys I work with that have 2019 Ram 1500's have been making weekly trips to the dealer for backup camera glitches, touchscreens going black randomly, stalling issues, etc. 

I believe it, I am not sure how far down Chevrolet has gotten. My Ford had no electronic gremlins, but it seems the new V8 loves to drink oil. I should have kept my 2016, the older engine was great, I had zero problems on it, but the gas mileage sucked after I put the shell on it. I could barely get 18 while I am getting 24 right now.

7 hours ago, econometrics said:

8 speed had some poor shifts the first 1000 miles from time to time, but it has been very smooth since. The only thing I can complain about are the Rancho shocks, which - I feel - are total crap.

You're not the only one who said it gradually went away. I'm hoping for the same. I agree, the Rancho stocks suck but deflating my tires got my rear end to behave a little better.

I have had 2 minor but annoying issues : 2109 sierra 1500 denali 

1. The front window defogger leaks by and causes a wet spot on the drivers side / I have to get this fixed / have not reported to the dealership yet.

2. The rear view camera gives me the blue screen after is it washed / something is not waterproofed / it comes back, but once again, this should not happen. 

The 6.2 at idol is not a pleasant sound but it does run like a beast. 

Why does the front cup holder not come out easily for cleaning  ? The cover over the phone charger comes out like a champ ....

The heads up display should show the blinker direction in my opinion. Im use to seeing it in the side mirrors but that doesnt happen on this truck. 

Minor stuff .... so far......600 miles ... owned for 3 weeks. 

• Like 1

2019 6.2L AT4.   Overall, I'm very pleased with mine.   Just rolled over 5,000 miles, made a cross country trip in May hauling a trailer, it was great.   While I've had no mechanical issues, it had a "service rear vision system" error on the screen when  I drove it home after taking delivery, got that resolved with "a software update" at the dealership.   I began seeing the "accept these three agreements" on just about every start .. maybe a month or so ago when I did that latest software update.  It's not a problem, just an annoyance to continue to have to accept the same thing over and over.  It's kinda like the auto-stop button to me.

I did have a CEL once at about 1500 miles, seemed to be an 87 octane fuel issue from my research -  I moved to mid grade fuel and haven't seen it since.  

My brake life indicator also says 80% in the front, 93% in the rear.  I don't believe that either.   Mine is all highway driving.

• Like 1

Wiper fluid sensor keeps saying it’s low but that’s minor. More concerned with my truck having 2,500 miles on it and its chipping on the rocker panel and in front bottom of rear fender. Mainly the paint that has a texture to it. I noticed the paint/clear coat is VERY soft. If I wanted to I could most definitely scratch it off with my fingernail. Has anyone else noticed this? It’s Havana brown metallic 

Edited by GBsilverado95
  • Sad 1