GM Buyback Experience

I did one in 2014 with a SILVERADO, did not ask for it, they called me from a special GM department in Saginaw, Michigan and informed me they would like to buy the vehicle back. The whole process took less than two weeks and it would have been quicker, but I had to provide them with some of my expenses from original purchase, which they reimbursed me for and then time to find a vehicle to replace it with.

31 minutes ago, Aycock1987 said:

To the guys that have been through the buyback process.... how long did it take for GM to settle and what was your experience?

So are you thinking about this with your T1 Silverado ?

1 minute ago, Sierra Dan said:

So are you thinking about this with your T1 Silverado ?

I am. I have been having an issue that they cant figure out. I've had 4 or 5 major components replaced and still hasn't fixed it

12 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

Sorry to hear that.

You are not the only one.

One other member that i know of  is in Lemon Law proceedings with his T1.

Thank you. I love the truck but can't stand the issue that I am having... "Jingle jingle underneath only in 2wd" is the issue that I am having.

3 minutes ago, Aycock1987 said:

Thank you. I love the truck but can't stand the issue that I am having... "Jingle jingle underneath only in 2wd" is the issue that I am having.

Have you seen this thread on the same issue? Looks like you are not the only one.

Looks like the solution to your problem is this :

On 5/21/2019 at 11:51 AM, ILSilverado said:

So I just got a call from my Dealer and they said its FIXED. Like Limelight was showing in his video the cause of the sound is from excessive shaft play from the differential on the drivers side. They said after installing the new diff and half shaft its now tight as a drum and chirp free. Said the root cause is, some diff units might have some bad castings. I will keep you all posted in the weeks ahead. Limelight was spot on.

Edited May 21 by ILSilverado

16 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

Have you seen this thread on the same issue? Looks like you are not the only one.

Yeah I look at that thread daily. I checked mine and it was tight as can be. Apparently GM has a bulletin out about the issue and are trying to figure out a fix. I am still going go to go through the buyback process

7 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

Good luck to you.

Maybe you will end up with a Raptor also :thumbs:

Thank you. Haha I don't think so. I am a GM loyalist even though I have had this problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aycock1987 said:

To the guys that have been through the buyback process.... how long did it take for GM to settle and what was your experience?

Having gone through a trade allowance on my 14, and a full blown buy back on my 16, 12 to 16 weeks is a realistic time frame.

The sooner you start the process the better, get the claim number, and be patient, you will speak to numerous departments before it is all done.

Your best allies will be the staff and ownership at your dealer. They can make things happen if they choose to. 

18 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

Having gone through a trade allowance on my 14, and a full blown buy back on my 16, 12 to 16 weeks is a realistic time frame.

The sooner you start the process the better, get the claim number, and be patient, you will speak to numerous departments before it is all done.

Your best allies will be the staff and ownership at your dealer. They can make things happen if they choose to. 

So you must be die hard GM fan if you have had 2 trucks bought back in 2 years?

How has your '18 been ?

Aren't you leveled on larger tires? I am surprised they are addressing the warranty with the suspension as that could have easily been the cause of drivetrain/suspension noises up front. Not sure GM would buy back a truck because of those problems when your truck is modified that way...

Tyler

8 minutes ago, amxguy1970 said:

Aren't you leveled on larger tires? I am surprised they are addressing the warranty with the suspension as that could have easily been the cause of drivetrain/suspension noises up front. Not sure GM would buy back a truck because of those problems when your truck is modified that way...

Tyler

Me ?