GMEPP Extended Warranty - Is $100 Deductible Per Visit Or Per Repaired Item?

If I have the GMEPP extended warranty and the $100 deductible would it make sense for a minor irritation item like a broken electric lock on a rear door (crew cab) that is virtually never used to wait until something else more critical goes wrong and get them both fixed at the same time for a single $100 deductible?  Or is the GMEPP such that each separate thing they fix is it's own $100 deductible so multiple different things fixed in a single visit to the dealership each gets it's own $100 deductible applied?

I believe it's per problem. Say your AC stops working. It's both the condenser and the compressor. They would charge you the $100 total since they're both part of the same problem. If your door locks stopped working then you would have to pay $100 for that too since it's an unrelated problem.

From another GM forum regarding GMEPP deductible :

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden2husky View Post
I chose to buy the 0% deductible simply to avoid the possibility of a dealer fixing one item and not the other, causing me to get stuck with two deductibles. I am happy that I have yet to even use the plan. But I don't have to think of big bills to fix the e-diff or mag ride should such expensive items need repair.

If I understand it correctly you pay the deductible per dealer visit not per item needing fixing.

Definition of "Deductible" from the contract:

“DEDUCTIBLE” as identified on the Contract Registration is the amount YOU pay per repair visit for
repairs covered by this CONTRACT. If the same covered part fails again, no DEDUCTIBLE will apply.

I was able to get a copy of the GMEPP agreement and Steve6611 is correct that you pay the deductible PER VISIT not per repair in the same visit and that no deductible would be owed again if the a covered part breaks more than once.  

• 2 months later...