Help from someone with factory installed recovery hooks

I couldn't stand the blank off plates on my 2WD where the recovery hooks are on 4WD models so I ordered the black hooks and am in the process of installing. 

Can someone get me a good shot of one of their hooks from straight on. I'm trying to figure out if there is a different trim piece that closes the hole up a little around the hooks or if the 4WD's look just like mine does now. I pulled the blank plate and installed the hook so there is a fairly large opening where the hook goes through the plastic. 

Also do your hooks look side specific or do they both look like the same exact part that could be placed on either side. 

Edited by Jdkno

Us Silverado guys are always happy to help, but that part is different on the GMC.

I would just go to a dealer and take pics at this point if it were me but the cut out in the piece you show looks to be the right shape to accept the tow hooks. There should also be a piece of foam behind it.

That's what I'll probably do over the weekend. I just figured how hard would it be for someone to snap/post a pic. Hell I've taken parts of my vehicles apart before just to document how its put together in order to help someone out before. 

On 6/21/2019 at 8:34 AM, OnTheReel said:

Us Silverado guys are always happy to help, but that part is different on the GMC.

I would just go to a dealer and take pics at this point if it were me but the cut out in the piece you show looks to be the right shape to accept the tow hooks. There should also be a piece of foam behind it.

What's the foam for??

I assume it’s aero-related, to prevent air from coming in around the hooks and causing a minute amount of drag.

Everything is about controlling airflow these days...every little bit counts. But all it did for me was make it a pain in the ass to put my chrome ones on. Have to fight the plastic, the foam, the frame, etc. Not trying to talk you out of it, of course. They look cool.

I already have the hooks mounted, I just have to get back under it to figure out how the plastic trim I pictured above fits. The blank plates that were on it that are made solid for trucks without hooks secured with screws. These new ones do not have screws but they do have clips on the back side. I'm assuming now that the clips on the back might be to secure the foam. Now I just need to figure out how these attach to the backside of the bumper. 

• 3 months later...