In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
mikelevitt

Trailer tire pressure monitor sensor installation and setup

Hi.  I just picked up a 2019 High Country and it came with 4 pressure sensors for a trailer, which apparently the truck can monitor.

I called my local tire store, and they laughed and said that they had no idea what I was talking about and didn't want to get involved.

So I tried my local GMC dealer where I usually get my trucks serviced, and my service advisor had no idea what I was talking about and said that nobody had ever asked them to install and set this system

up.  He said he would discuss with his techs, but I never heard back from him.

Has anybody successfully set this system up?  Wondering who installed the sensors and set up the truck...  How much did it cost, and where did you manage to get it done.

This is a feature I would love to have, but it seems that nobody is willing or able to install the sensors and set up the system.

Any first-hand info would be appreciated.  Thanks!!

I actually found all of the information in the manual.  You don't need a tool to set up the sensors, you can pair them right from the trailering app.  I just need to find somebody to put the sensors in the tires..