Here is the video from this morning after covering up all 6 screens with unmodified flapper valve. Plan to do a 3rd video of course lol IMG_7167.jpg First i had used 2 clamps per screen then went back and looked at the above pics and just did one as I had ran out of clamps lol...one seems to be good enough. aa158a7aaebe72d70353ec7acc36515a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I didnt really notice a difference. You be the judge. This afternoon I will work on the flapper valve. Cutting off the valve completely would probably give best results as this 19s have a 1/4 of the pipe covered after opening up the valve...based on a pic from another thread I read on. However I dont want to cut into it...for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A buddy at work just bought a trail boss. We both started them up in the parking lot. Hearing them run side by side, mine is Definitely much louder and has a deeper tone to it with flapper open and screens covered. Especially if you give it some gas.

I think the difference is much more noticeable outside the truck.

After a week or so, I am still happy my $20 investment.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

On 6/27/2019 at 11:10 AM, ShamrockShooter said:

A buddy at work just bought a trail boss. We both started them up in the parking lot. Hearing them run side by side, mine is Definitely much louder and has a deeper tone to it with flapper open and screens covered. Especially if you give it some gas.

I think the difference is much more noticeable outside the truck.

After a week or so, I am still happy my $20 investment.

Yeah I agree when I started it after sitting for 4 days I was like nevermind it is actually louder. 

I started my dad's 19 ram 5.7 hemi and then my 5.3 with the covered resonators and flapper clamped open and the 5.3 was way louder. 

Edited by Ktapper
  • Like 1

On 7/2/2019 at 6:31 PM, Dmart said:

Let us know if the exhaust tape works pls

I used Air Conditioning Aluminum Foil Duct Tape. I used to be in the A/C business and had some in the garage. You can get it on Amazon or at Home Depot.

It has been on the exhaust for 2,000 miles and holding up well.

5d1e2a6ba5f08_81GLjZKklL._SL1500_.thumb.jpg.90b77260b2eb3f5b5450ff3a37c9e7f2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BlackLS said:

I used Air Conditioning Aluminum Foil Duct Tape. I used to be in the A/C business and had some in the garage. You can get it on Amazon or at Home Depot.

It has been on the exhaust for 2,000 miles and holding up well.

5d1e2a6ba5f08_81GLjZKklL._SL1500_.thumb.jpg.90b77260b2eb3f5b5450ff3a37c9e7f2.jpg

Nice, thanks for the info

On 6/20/2019 at 11:10 AM, ShamrockShooter said:

You could use beer cans probably but I just grabbed a piece of galvanized sheet metal from the HVAC ductwork section at home Depot. It was maybe 2ft x 3 ft cost $7. It was the smallest piece they had that was flat.

I don't remember what size clamps I used for the flapper as I had a few of those on hand. Just measure the diameter of the round knob on the flapper and add a half inch to get the clamp size. I got a flat galvanized rectangular bracket from the hardware section to go between the two clamps on the flapper.

First of all thanks for these posts.  This will hold me over for now without spending much money.  Is the rectangular bracket Needed?  How does this work? Sorry I'm not very mechanical lol.  If it's needed I want to make sure I get the right part.  Any tips are much appreciated!