Finally got some time to do this to my RST today. LOVE the difference it makes. It’s the perfect noise level for me. The depth of the noise and the growl are definitely noticeable. I can even feel the growl on the gas pedal when I floor it. ????

I opted to just use sheet metal to cover the screens, as I wanted the option to remove them cleanly if I ever wanted to. 

I’ll try to upload some videos I took shortly. 

First of all thanks for these posts.  This will hold me over for now without spending much money.  Is the rectangular bracket Needed?  How does this work? Sorry I'm not very mechanical lol.  If it's needed I want to make sure I get the right part.  Any tips are much appreciated! 
For the flapper valve yes you need a rectangular piece of metal between the two clamps to hold the flapper open.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Here’s a video with the rear window open. You can easily hear the difference. [emoji16][emoji1377]

The oh yeah made the video. Thanks for a good laugh. Glad you like the sound. Your gas mileage will suffer now that you will be flooring it all the time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, ShamrockShooter said:

The oh yeah made the video. Thanks for a good laugh. Glad you like the sound. Your gas mileage will suffer now that you will be flooring it all the time.

Lol, I was thinking about that earlier today... now that I get more reaction from the truck for standing on the gas, I’m going to be driving like I did in high school again. ??

I just towed my travel trailer 600 miles up into the Adirondack mtns. I removed all the clamps before I left so I wouldn't hear the exhaust echoing off the trailer the entire way. Need to put all the clamps back on now that I am done towing for a month.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ShamrockShooter said:

I just towed my travel trailer 600 miles up into the Adirondack mtns. I removed all the clamps before I left so I wouldn't hear the exhaust echoing off the trailer the entire way. Need to put all the clamps back on now that I am done towing for a month.

This is why I love this little mod. Cheap, and SO easy to remove, then put back into place whenever you want. 

20 hours ago, ShamrockShooter said:

For the flapper valve yes you need a rectangular piece of metal between the two clamps to hold the flapper open.

Ok sweet.  I got it done today!  I'm not really mechanical but your pics and description made it pretty easy.  Some of the clamps I used were too big but good enough.  

I took a video of the sound but darn AC unit sounds super loud.  Will have to take a better video later.  

inCollage_20190708_173421001.jpg

inCollage_20190708_173535789.jpg

Edited by Philipgonzales3

Ok sweet.  I got it done today!  I'm not really mechanical but your pics and description made it pretty easy.  Some of the clamps I used were too big but good enough.  

I took a video of the sound but darn AC unit sounds super loud.  Will have to take a better video later.  

[/url]  
inCollage_20190708_173421001.thumb.jpg.bde9a1e631fb5a5fbe7fdd3b651a7870.jpg

inCollage_20190708_173535789.thumb.jpg.1795b2c850534afddb867f6888c00dbc.jpg
I don't think you got the flapper valve clamp on there correct. The outer clamp should be on the knob not the inner spring. Also make sure you rotated the flapper knob the correct way. It should get harder as the spring compresses that is how you know it is rotated in the right direction.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShamrockShooter said:

Ok, thanks for the heads up.  I'll move it over.  And yeah in one direction it had resistance and the other it didn't.  I rotated so it had resistance.  I think I'm going to go with a black widow mufflers and have the flapper removed.  

On 7/4/2019 at 11:34 AM, BlackLS said:

I used Air Conditioning Aluminum Foil Duct Tape. I used to be in the A/C business and had some in the garage. You can get it on Amazon or at Home Depot.

It has been on the exhaust for 2,000 miles and holding up well.

5d1e2a6ba5f08_81GLjZKklL._SL1500_.thumb.jpg.90b77260b2eb3f5b5450ff3a37c9e7f2.jpg

I know muffler tape will work wasn't sure about HVAC as muffler tape is high heat rated but if it's been on there 2k miles should be good as the pipe doesn't get as hot towards the rear. May be more of a mess trying to remove the tape though than the clamp method if you ever needed.