Live From The 2020 Silverado HD Media Introduction

I happened to see these trucks at the Bend Airport yesterday when I flew in there. I must say, they are definitely better looking in person. They had ALL of their new models there (dully standard cab, etc). I did take some pictures, but was asked/told not to post them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, JCKustoms said:

I did take some pictures, but was asked/told not to post them.

Unless you are in the media and need GM to trust you in the future, Zane already posted some from the event. Post all you want. If the trucks were in a public space that was viewable by just the naked eye (no telephoto lens, etc.) you have full right to take and post the photos, just like street photography. Then they can only ask you not to post them.

Edited by ApertureX

Currently, 75.17% of members here prefer the Sierra 2020 HD over the Silverado at 24.83%

That is a huge margin on paper but we all know GMC trucks are higher priced.

This will factor into the actual buying decision, no doubt....

Unless you are in the media and need GM to trust you in the future, Zane already posted some from the event. Post all you want. If the trucks were in a public space that was viewable by just the naked eye (no telephoto lens, etc.) you have full right to take and post the photos, just like street photography. Then they can only ask you not to post them.

Yes, I know this very well. They asked nicely, so...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

Currently, 75.17% of members here prefer the Sierra 2020 HD over the Silverado at 24.83%

That is a huge margin on paper but we all know GMC trucks are higher priced.

This will factor into the actual buying decision, no doubt....

I have alway bought Silverados... I REALLY wanted to like the HDs and I have done my best to look at all the images and videos I can find to give it the benefit of the doubt. If I was buying this as a work truck that would get abused over time, I would get the Silverado, as I wouldn't care much about the looks. But in my case, and a lot of others cases as well, this will be my primary tow vehicle and my daily driver. IF the HDs looked like the new 1500's, I would buy the 3500HD Chevy. But in this case, I will be looking at this truck for at least the next 10 years and my eyes just have to go with the GMC Denali over the Silverado High Country.

Edited by ApertureX

On 6/17/2019 at 5:27 PM, Zane said:

20190617_105004.jpg20190617_103141.jpg

20190617_120446.jpg

If you have a chance, can you ask about (or measure) the distance of the puck system for fifth wheels from the back of the cab? I know that in the 'standard bed' they moved the gooseneck adapter 2 inches back behind the axel (centered over the springs) and that they lengthened the bed, so I'm REALLY interested in any improved turning cab clearance when towing fifth wheel trailers.

Edited by ApertureX

17 hours ago, Sierra Dan said:

Maybe not with the 2020 HD's according to the poll here on which is better received! LOL

Other than that GMC is and probably always will be priced higher than a comparable Chevrolet.

Who buys a truck based on looks? It is a tool, looks should be last on the decision platform...

BTW, chrome bumpers for me. Much better matching to a truck but most importantly more durable and less maintenance than painted bumpers. 

Tyler

The trucks in the shots above are in a TFL video as well.

(apparently they had to agree to not post 'driving impressions' yet.

There is also a similar video of  the 3.0L 1500 (still no epa rating for the 3.0L either)

Edited by redwngr

2 hours ago, amxguy1970 said:

Who buys a truck based on looks? It is a tool, looks should be last on the decision platform...

Right. All the other factors have lead us to looking at GM trucks, not Ford or Ram.

But, since we have 2 choices of looks for the same capability/truck looks do come into play.

And that Custom looking Grille/Front end is Hideous! Uggghhh.  :sigh:   The side cheeks do not fit these HD's as well as the 1500 T1's

The High Country is not as bad but still.   2020 Sierra HD all the way based on looks alone for me.

BTW, chrome bumpers for me. Much better matching to a truck but most importantly more durable and less maintenance than painted bumpers. 

Tyler

Why do people compare the mpgs of a half ton vs a 2500/3500? Why do people do anything? Just because they can probably. Personally if I end up with another GM truck the "twins" are mostly mechanically identical so looks/features are what is going to decide which of the two I get. As long as the price is within a few hundred or so anyway.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Personally the GMC is too much of the same.  I like how the Silverado is different and so far pretty much everyone that has seen it in person said it looks much better than in the early photos that were provided.