Trail Boss vs LT

Did you ever buy anything?

Everyone I know that has the 8sp hates it. I personally am waiting for the 2020 Custom TB with the 6.2L and the 10sp.
I dont hate my 8 speed

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Well fellas he still hasn't bought anything yet.  He's been on the fence about it but now I think he's on board to get a new truck.  What are the differences between the Custom and LT Texas Edition?  Do they come equipped with the same features?   

18 minutes ago, PearlWhiteGT said:

Well fellas he still hasn't bought anything yet.  He's been on the fence about it but now I think he's on board to get a new truck.  What are the differences between the Custom and LT Texas Edition?  Do they come equipped with the same features?   

The LT is going to be equipped much much better. Custom has the Work Truck interior with no steering wheel radio/ DIC controls, a smaller radio screen, smaller monochrome DIC screen, less storage and less “soft touch” materials. The LT Texas edition also has heated seats and leather wrapped heated steering wheel, along with a power driver seat, dual zone climate control, rear window defog, keyless start, remote start and so on...

1 hour ago, PearlWhiteGT said:

LT it is then.  Thanks for all the help fellas. 

LT is a solid choice imo.

Mine has the Z71 package too, and I love it.

Not a minutes trouble thus far. 

Show us pic of what ya get, if and when you can.

4 hours ago, PearlWhiteGT said:

I recently bought a '19 LT Texas Edition Z71 4x4 in Double Cab.  The feature list isnt even close, LT all the way.  I only have 600 miles on it, have avg. 16.5 mpg driving in heavy city 50% of the time.  I think the 8 spd is fine.  I put AMP steps on mine because they tuck up high.

For your fathers budget dealers seem to be dealing on the DC LTs pretty hard.

Yeah, if hes in the market for a double cab, he may be able to snag an LTZ at a great price!

NeverCold,

Your mpg should improve. I have a little over 1,900 miles and, I remember my mileage was about like yours at that mileage point too. You wind up taking a trip and so forth it really improves. My overall average is a little over 19 if not mistaken. 

1 hour ago, MacLaren said:

Yeah, if hes in the market for a double cab, he may be able to snag an LTZ at a great price!

NeverCold,

Your mpg should improve. I have a little over 1,900 miles and, I remember my mileage was about like yours at that mileage point too. You wind up taking a trip and so forth it really improves. My overall average is a little over 19 if not mistaken. 

Nice, it's been a lot of stop and go and avg temps of 100 so I'm not too surprised on fuel econ.  I'm suspecting I'll be closer to 18 to 19 after it's broken in.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, NeverCold said:

Nice, it's been a lot of stop and go and avg temps of 100 so I'm not too surprised on fuel econ.  I'm suspecting I'll be closer to 18 to 19 after it's broken in.

Funny you mention the hot temps, mine has a Jim dandy of an air conditioner!

I love that cold air.......gas mpg be damned lol

Thanks fellas.  I asked him yesterday if he would prefer a DC or CC and explained the differences between them and was surprised that he said a CC.  Thought he would have wanted more bed space but I was wrong.  He's also going to want to get a camper top for it due to his current truck has a big ole one. 

Can the auto start stop feature be turned off?  I know that feature will drive him nuts and he will hate it.  Also extended warranties, does Chevy allow you to shop around from different dealers looking for the best deal?     

There is a button for turning off the Auto Stop.  I basically turn it off as soon as I start the car as it can be quite intrusive during heavy stop/go traffic.

I went DC specifically for the bed space, but the CC cab is quite spacious and will give a lot of covered area. 

I didn't go with an ext. warranty and will instead self insure for mechanical issues after my basic and power train are up, so I can't answer the cost question.

3 hours ago, PearlWhiteGT said:

Thanks fellas.  I asked him yesterday if he would prefer a DC or CC and explained the differences between them and was surprised that he said a CC.  Thought he would have wanted more bed space but I was wrong.  He's also going to want to get a camper top for it due to his current truck has a big ole one. 

Can the auto start stop feature be turned off?  I know that feature will drive him nuts and he will hate it.  Also extended warranties, does Chevy allow you to shop around from different dealers looking for the best deal?     

Like NeverCold stated, just hit the bypass switch after you start her up.

As for extended warranty, I got a 7 year 100,000 mile. Forget exactly how much it was. 

But, with 4.0% financing it didnt much at all effect the payment. Plus, it's a simple interest loan anyways. 

Edited by MacLaren

• 2 months later...

Little update, he still hasn't made a purchase but this past week his truck started giving him more issues so now he is on board to get a new one if I can find one for the right price.  I came across a LT Trail Boss for about $37K but when I reached out to the dealer it had sold already.  The sales guy told me that since the GM strike has been going on it's hard to come across the good deals because they are selling fast and if I come across one to jump on it because the 2020's won't be on sale.  I started searching auto trader and found a 2019 LT Texas Edition Crew Cab Z71 priced at $34K.  Is that a good deal?  I emailed the dealer and waiting for a reply to see if it's still available.