New to GM, getting a new Truck. Need some reassurance.

I loved the 5.7 Hemi, but this 6.2 has some power, but a little weak in the exhaust rumble. I'm going to upgrade the exhaust soon, but first, have to settle in on a tonneau. My wife and I have made a few little trips to the neighboring town and have no complaints as far as ride or bounce. Overall I am very pleased with the AT4 and don't have any sort of buyers remorse.

1 minute ago, BringTheRain403 said:

If your looking for something easy on and easy off I really like my Extang Trifecta. Lifetime warranty too...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I like that one, but I need a hardcover as I generally have tools back there. I carry a lot of phone equipment too, so waterproof is a bonus.

17 hours ago, L86 All Terrain said:

The ride in a GM or Ford will be rougher in the back. You have a truck suspension again vs. Ram's SUV/Dodge Caravan style coil springs. Your new one will tow more, carry more and be safer doing it. I will admit though, the 80% of the time you have no payload, that Ram is a great ride best of the bunch for sure. I would say literally 100 times nicer than the Dodge's from the 90's.

The rated towing for my ram was 10,300 lbs. it was an 8 speed with the 3.92 gears. 

That’s more than my RST which has a tow rating of something like 9,700 lbs. 

I think people see the max tow numbers and think that’s what their truck is rated for, when in reality you have to have a truck specifically specd for that. And you’re right about the dodges from the 90s! Although I had a 2001 that I loved at the time. Now it would be garbage compared to what we have these days. The 360 was a weirdly cool motor though...

The rated towing for my ram was 10,300 lbs. it was an 8 speed with the 3.92 gears. 
That’s more than my RST which has a tow rating of something like 9,700 lbs. 

I think people see the max tow numbers and think that’s what their truck is rated for, when in reality you have to have a truck specifically specd for that. And you’re right about the dodges from the 90s! Although I had a 2001 that I loved at the time. Now it would be garbage compared to what we have these days. The 360 was a weirdly cool motor though...

I would love to have the 5.9 and 7.3 diesel of the 90s. Even modded they went forever. My mother drives a 2000 Ford diesel, my father a 98 dodge diesel. They will not part with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm about to make the Switch from RAM to GM and am trying to ease my and my wife's mind.
I currently have a 2014 RAM 1500 Sport with 2WD with the 5.7L Hemi. We absolutely love the truck. It's never failed me and looks good to boot.
However, I recently made the business decision to switch GMCs and I have been looking at a Sierra AT4 6.2L. I'm trying to convince myself, and my wife, that it will ride at least as good as what I have. I'm not a huge fan of the look of the new RAM even though it is full of goodies. I understand that the Denali is going to have the best ride, but it's just got too much chrome for my taste.

So my question to the people that have gone the same path, or at least has experience with both, what am are my trade-offs, if any?
Stick with RAM ..

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Confused 1