Head gaskets

Sad to say but I've seen stuff like this happen in my years at dealerships. Some guys just don't care or understand. Part of the problem is a good percentage of techs drive junk. They don't understand about really taking care of a vehicle. They treat your vehicle like their own. I retired a year ago and I don't think a fender cover has been used since. Don't get me wrong, there are good techs that care but too many idiots and getting worse.

6 minutes ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

Dealers should put them on a cart and roll them in locked room with your name and invoice on cart. Never ever parts in car.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

This at the very least.

Edited by tbarn

If you don't get the answer you want. Take your paperwork demand a free loaner truck equal trim model. From the service manager. Then go.home and contact local gm service rep. Send him pics and emails. Be professional and polite but firm and collected. He will call the service manager and you will be very suprised how it all changes. Least he can do is same or next day a head gasket out. And approve the service request and loaner. Around here we can get parts in under a hour.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Hi truck is still at dealership still no movement on parts so I took your  advice and called GM and they told me that they would have somebody call me in the next day or two so we’ll see what happens 

I had a similar issue with a Nissan I had at a dealer. It was there almost a month and they still didn't have the parts in. To be fair, they did give me a new one to drive. However, I called Nissan Consumer Affairs and I had my vehicle back within a week. The dealer doesn't want customer complaints filed against them. It was amazing how fast things started moving once Nissan was involved. The rep called me and kept me updated and the dealer essentially kissed my rear up until the point I got my vehicle back.