What is your hobby?

Tilalit

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 10:04 AM, Tilalit said:

What is your hobby, and why is it important for your life?

My truck, Pepper is my hobby. One I likely spend to much time on. Why is it important? Hummmm. 

Well she doesn't have an opinion nor an ego. Everything she says to me is true and trustworthy. It is impossible for her to lie. She loves to teach and I love to learn. She submits only to the laws of the Universe. In doing so I learn truth. She asks only that I pay attention and respond is step with that truth. I'm actually not given a choice if I wish to keep her. 

I could say the exact same thing about God but he isn't a hobby. But he did provide the laws Pepper responds to so I get a peak behind the curtain so to speak. Don't ya love two/fers.  :thumbs:

And then there is KARNUT.....(kidding Stan) 

Edited by Grumpy Bear
  • Like 5

Right now I am raising two kids. 14 and 10 .... so i guess that is my main hobby LOL

Aside from that I am in the process of building this:

20190421_121823.thumb.jpg.e66dd8c6ac7dd7d40b9987dad18c221c.jpg

I enjoy landscaping, hardscaping, model airplane building/flying and detailing cars.

Traveling is great when time allows.

I like Coaching my kids' recreational sporting teams. Kids grow fast so i want to be there for them as much as i can.

Additionally, these hobbies are important to me because I have a creative mind and can express my thoughts and visions through objects I construct.

I like details. After all the difference is in the details right?

Some of you may notice that some of my postings and responses can grow rather lengthy!  Just call it the methodical in me :)

Edited by Sierra Dan
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

My truck, Pepper is my hobby. One I likely speed to much time on. Why is it important? Hummmm. 

Well she doesn't have an opinion nor an ego. Everything she says to me is true and trustworthy. It is impossible for her to lie. She loves to teach and I love to learn. She submits only to the laws of the Universe. In doing so I learn truth. She asks only that I pay attention and respond is step with that truth. I'm actually not given a choice if I wish to keep her. 

I could say the exact same thing about God but he isn't a hobby. But he did provide the laws Pepper responds to so I get a peak behind the curtain so to speak. Don't ya love two/fers.  :thumbs:

And then there is KARNUT.....(kidding Stan) 

Marty, I

In case i missed it somewhere on the site, how did Pepper get her name?

52 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

Marty, I

In case i missed it somewhere on the site, how did Pepper get her name?

Basically her color. 

I have this Hispanic friend, Moises, that said she looked like Uno Caliente Chile Jojo. Which lead somehow to the "Red Hot Chile Peppers" and he informing me that this is like saying a hot red pepper-pepper.  The two words mean the same thing in the two languages. The bands name is thus laughable. So he says Chile, I followed Pepper, we laugh and it stuck. ( I think he's got the hots for her). :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Basically her color. 

I have this Hispanic friend, Moises, that said she looked like Uno Caliente Chile Jojo. Which lead somehow to the "Red Hot Chile Peppers" and he informing me that this is like saying a hot red pepper-pepper.  The two words mean the same thing in the two languages. The bands name is thus laughable. So he says Chile, I followed Pepper, we laugh and it stuck. ( I think he's got the hots for her). :D

I can see the resemblance with Pepper now!  LOL

Funny, i haven't heard the name Moises since I purchased my 2005 Avalanche.

That was my hispanic salesman's name and i could never forget it as the name is so unique.

• Like 1

Sports (Basketball and Softball)

Detailing (relaxes me when stressed out, wierd I know)

Projects around the house

Not really a hobby but I enjoy coaching (Baseball and Basketball)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Clyde the SIlverado and Alexandra the DeVille. Working on them, maintaining them. Traveling Wyoming Highways (good way to see LOTS of stuff you normally wouldn't).

I collect Wyoming License plates as well, that is fun. 

One of my Cadillac buddies got me a train set for Christmas a few years back, and I enjoy it now just as much as when I was a kid. Just gotta quit being such a damn rivet counter 

Edited by CadillacLuke24
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Long drives and watching horror movies. However, if my budget allows then I love to attend exciting music concerts. This time, I am gathering money to attend any of the upcoming concerts of Louisiana and gathering information from here ( https://concerts50.com/upcoming-concerts-in-louisiana ). Probably, I would like to with a cheap one. 

On the other hand, I am also going to use my passion for cars and planning to start my car blog to share car detailing tips with readers.