In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

tyler.frost92

New limitation found with Stabilitrak

Found out you cant shut stabilitrak off if any of your tires read 10psi or lower. 

2 hours ago, tyler.frost92 said:

Found out you cant shut stabilitrak off if any of your tires read 10psi or lower. 

Damn I don’t have sensors, that explains a lot !

On 6/19/2019 at 1:28 AM, Mileguru said:

I wish someone would guinea pig this:

http://www.tuningbyshanehinds.com/2014-12-gm-truck-stabilitrak-disabler

Turns off Stabilitrak with the flick of a switch.

Ive seen plenty of people have good luck with those on a facebook group for these trucks. Ive thought about getting one. 

Ended up making my own bypass switch. Works great. If anyone is interested in part numbers for connectors let me know

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tyler.frost92 said:

Ended up making my own bypass switch. Works great. If anyone is interested in part numbers for connectors let me know

Post it up!

Post it up!

99eb99ac0706105662b22b0f88d281f8.jpg

Basically these two pigtails plug in inline with one of your front wheel speed sensors. Driver's side makes the most sense because it's the closest route into the cab. Wire together the corresponding wires on one side of the inline "harness". Extend both of the others inside your cab to a rocker or toggle switch. So basically all you're doing is interrupting the signal on one wire. This will kill abs, traction control, trailer brakes, and stabilitrak. As soon as you flip the switch again everything goes back to normal. No check engine lights or warnings. It took tons of research and cross referencing to find the correct connectors/pigtails. I'd suggest soldering and heat shrinking your connections. The best part is it can be removed easily as all the wired connections are made inline between your two stock connections that don't have to be modified.

• Like 1

How I decided to mount the switch.

23e47000392442105a6f746de5896735.jpg

47 minutes ago, tyler.frost92 said:

99eb99ac0706105662b22b0f88d281f8.jpg

Basically these two pigtails plug in inline with one of your front wheel speed sensors. Driver's side makes the most sense because it's the closest route into the cab. Wire together the corresponding wires on one side of the inline "harness". Extend both of the others inside your cab to a rocker or toggle switch. So basically all you're doing is interrupting the signal on one wire. This will kill abs, traction control, trailer brakes, and stabilitrak. As soon as you flip the switch again everything goes back to normal. No check engine lights or warnings. It took tons of research and cross referencing to find the correct connectors/pigtails. I'd suggest soldering and heat shrinking your connections. The best part is it can be removed easily as all the wired connections are made inline between your two stock connections that don't have to be modified.

Thanks! I added these to my amazon cart for later. I'll be asking you questions in the NEAR future 😃 I'm going to look up how to unplug the wheel speed sensor and figure out the order in which these plugs should go. Is a wheel speed sensor the same thing as an ABS sensor (harness wise)?

FYI, for you all with a 5.3L and 4WD, you might want to read this https://www.carcomplaints.com/news/2019/gm-wheel-speed-sensor-recall-braking.shtml first as it looks like unplugging a wheel sensor messes with braking.

Thanks! I added these to my amazon cart for later. I'll be asking you questions in the NEAR future  I'm going to look up how to unplug the wheel speed sensor and figure out the order in which these plugs should go. Is a wheel speed sensor the same thing as an ABS sensor (harness wise)?

FYI, for you all with a 5.3L and 4WD, you might want to read this https://www.carcomplaints.com/news/2019/gm-wheel-speed-sensor-recall-braking.shtml first as it looks like unplugging a wheel sensor messes with braking.

The wheel speed sensor and abs sensor basically refer to the same thing. It's a simple plug connection with an annoying red "lock". You just have to pry it backwards before the clip releases. The sensor goes from the hub to the wiring harness at the top of the wheel well. You can't mess up where the plugs go. They're just male/female versions of eachother.

i'll be following this thread

So is "unplugging the wheel speed sensor" just like as shown in this video? 6:30 mark.

He's replacing an ABS sensor in this video. So for sure the ABS sensor wire is the same thing as the wheel speed sensor?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWeDXb7HF74

Can you re-explain how you connected the two small black pigtails and one large red pigtail again? What's the order of connection with those and the two open ends of the wheel speed sensor and what wires then connect to a toggle switch?

Nice placement of the toggle switch, by the way. Did you follow the steps used in the Shane Hinds product (http://www.tuningbyshanehinds.com/2014-12-gm-truck-stabilitrak-disabler), or did you find an easier way?

I followed no instructions, just understood what others were doing with their 50+ dollar switches and made my own. Might not be as nice but it's functions properly, and gave me something to do. Not sure if I can make it more simplified than this lol. It's almost plug and play 5d30109b257f9f7cfdd4abfc724476c4.png

Not drawn to scale or very well for that matter. Used my finger lmao

I wouldn't spend $50 either for something that can be made this easily. They are actually charging $90 for this now (it used to be $70 or $80 if I recall). Great job on piecing this together!!!

I totally get your drawing now. Thank you for that! I was getting lost because I though I had to use BOTH of the small black pigtails.

Great post. I hope a lot of people see this and benefit from it because there used to be a lot of questions about how to fully disable Stabilitrak.

• Like 1

I wouldn't spend $50 either for something that can be made this easily. They are actually charging $90 for this now (it used to be $70 or $80 if I recall). Great job on piecing this together!!!

I totally get your drawing now. Thank you for that! I was getting lost because I though I had to use BOTH of the small black pigtails.

Great post. I hope a lot of people see this and benefit from it because there used to be a lot of questions about how to fully disable Stabilitrak.

Ah. Yeah, those horn adapters just come in a pack of two lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro