Has anyone experienced a similar issue? I have a 2019 Silverado trail boss and when you turn the fan on, whether it’s ac or heater, there is a noise that is not normal. It comes from the passenger side inside the dash area. It’s not a loud noise and if the stereo is on you won’t hear it. It sounds like the fan motor is off. 

I wouldn’t bother taking it in if all trucks made the noise but they don’t. I had the dealership take me in another trail boss and there was no sound, just normal wind sound. 

They changed a bearing saying that was the issue but it is still making the same noise. The second time I brought it in they said they are reporting it to GM. I brought it in today and the service desk worker said it’s “normal”. I asked why the others don’t make the noise and he said it’s “normal”. Obviously not normal or they would all make the same sound.

Anyone know what it is??

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
On 6/19/2019 at 3:38 PM, Prestigeww said:

Has anyone experienced a similar issue? I have a 2019 Silverado trail boss and when you turn the fan on, whether it’s ac or heater, there is a noise that is not normal. It comes from the passenger side inside the dash area. It’s not a loud noise and if the stereo is on you won’t hear it. It sounds like the fan motor is off. 

I wouldn’t bother taking it in if all trucks made the noise but they don’t. I had the dealership take me in another trail boss and there was no sound, just normal wind sound. 

They changed a bearing saying that was the issue but it is still making the same noise. The second time I brought it in they said they are reporting it to GM. I brought it in today and the service desk worker said it’s “normal”. I asked why the others don’t make the noise and he said it’s “normal”. Obviously not normal or they would all make the same sound.

Anyone know what it is??

I know this is an older post but i was wondering if you were ever able to get it resolved?  I took my 2019 in today due to hearing this constant white noise type buzzing coming from under the dash near the glove box.  They also told me it was "normal" because they had another vehicle doing the same thing and they replaced the AC unit and it did not stop.  It drives me insane when I'm driving because I cant unhear it now.  

1 hour ago, Stanleyj42 said:

I know this is an older post but i was wondering if you were ever able to get it resolved?  I took my 2019 in today due to hearing this constant white noise type buzzing coming from under the dash near the glove box.  They also told me it was "normal" because they had another vehicle doing the same thing and they replaced the AC unit and it did not stop.  It drives me insane when I'm driving because I cant unhear it now.  

Haha yea that’s the noise! So since that post I actually traded my 1500 in for a 2500. But while I had the 1500 I was able to resolve it almost completely. So if you go back to the dealership check to see the ltz or high country models. Look under their glove box. You’ll notice that the higher trim models have a padded insulation cover over them. I had to order one which costs about 30 bucks. Put that cover on and problem should be solved!

• 2 months later...