In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Has anyone experienced a similar issue? I have a 2019 Silverado trail boss and when you turn the fan on, whether it’s ac or heater, there is a noise that is not normal. It comes from the passenger side inside the dash area. It’s not a loud noise and if the stereo is on you won’t hear it. It sounds like the fan motor is off. 

I wouldn’t bother taking it in if all trucks made the noise but they don’t. I had the dealership take me in another trail boss and there was no sound, just normal wind sound. 

They changed a bearing saying that was the issue but it is still making the same noise. The second time I brought it in they said they are reporting it to GM. I brought it in today and the service desk worker said it’s “normal”. I asked why the others don’t make the noise and he said it’s “normal”. Obviously not normal or they would all make the same sound.

Anyone know what it is??

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
On 6/19/2019 at 3:38 PM, Prestigeww said:

Has anyone experienced a similar issue? I have a 2019 Silverado trail boss and when you turn the fan on, whether it’s ac or heater, there is a noise that is not normal. It comes from the passenger side inside the dash area. It’s not a loud noise and if the stereo is on you won’t hear it. It sounds like the fan motor is off. 

I wouldn’t bother taking it in if all trucks made the noise but they don’t. I had the dealership take me in another trail boss and there was no sound, just normal wind sound. 

They changed a bearing saying that was the issue but it is still making the same noise. The second time I brought it in they said they are reporting it to GM. I brought it in today and the service desk worker said it’s “normal”. I asked why the others don’t make the noise and he said it’s “normal”. Obviously not normal or they would all make the same sound.

Anyone know what it is??

I know this is an older post but i was wondering if you were ever able to get it resolved?  I took my 2019 in today due to hearing this constant white noise type buzzing coming from under the dash near the glove box.  They also told me it was "normal" because they had another vehicle doing the same thing and they replaced the AC unit and it did not stop.  It drives me insane when I'm driving because I cant unhear it now.  

1 hour ago, Stanleyj42 said:

I know this is an older post but i was wondering if you were ever able to get it resolved?  I took my 2019 in today due to hearing this constant white noise type buzzing coming from under the dash near the glove box.  They also told me it was "normal" because they had another vehicle doing the same thing and they replaced the AC unit and it did not stop.  It drives me insane when I'm driving because I cant unhear it now.  

Haha yea that’s the noise! So since that post I actually traded my 1500 in for a 2500. But while I had the 1500 I was able to resolve it almost completely. So if you go back to the dealership check to see the ltz or high country models. Look under their glove box. You’ll notice that the higher trim models have a padded insulation cover over them. I had to order one which costs about 30 bucks. Put that cover on and problem should be solved!

• 2 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Matthew Cleaver
      Hi everyone. It’s my first time here but I need some help. My 2007 Silverado with an LH6 5.3 DOD motor has intermittent oil pressure issues. Alittle back story, the truck has 274k on the original motor. Recently, I replace the valley plate gasket, but only the outer part. For convenience sake, I left the DOD tower gasket part. After that, I replaced the oil pickup tube o ring and gave the truck a full service. My issue now is, I still have intermittent low oil pressure. I’ve read about a service bulletin where the oil pressure relief valve sticks, which requires replacing the oil pump and such but there are so many possibilities I’m not sure what to pursue. I know the oil pressure sensor is good and the screen below it is clean. The issue happens randomly. I can start the truck and it will idle and warm up fine (maybe slightly lower than usual) and then I can drive it. I’ll be sitting at a light or a stop and I can slowly watch the oil pressure fall off. Sometimes even while driving slow and then the oil pressure stays low or 0. It doesn’t cause any bad noises that I know of because I shut it off immediately but I’m so confused. After letting it sit for a bit and starting it up it’s fine. I’ve heard many possibility between it being the oil relief in the pump, the oil relief in the pan that apparently exists, DOD lifter problems (although they aren’t giving me any bad noise) leaking DOD valley gaskets (the ones I skimped on replacing) and more. I’m lost as to what to do. Can anyone offer some insight?
    • By Stanleyj42
      Around 15K I had the transmission issue with it slipping  and the dealership replaced the fluid with the mobile 1 which seem to resolve it enough that i could live with.  The transmissions still clunks into first when down shifting but whatever.  Well now at 30K I have something similar going on, but seems just slightly different.  When I'm cruising around 35-40 it almost feels like the truck is braking or downshifting and then speeding up, but enough everyone in the truck can feel it. At first i was thinking it was the DFM kicking in and its opening and closing valves so i bought a pulsar box ( i needed it for tires and autostop/start as well) and disabled the dfm, but it still does this weird shimmy.   I know that doesnt necessarily still mean its not dfm but... still.

This may sound crazy, but its much worse when its really hot outside and the truck has been sitting for bit. This morning it was cloudy and about 80 degrees.  Didn't notice it too bad when i left, but this afternoon it was about 95 (truck had been sitting in the sun for several hours) and when i went to leave even the passenger was thinking i was about to run out of gas once we leveled out around 40.  After stopping and going a few times it settles down enough that its back to just being very subtle, but still noticeable.

Is anyone else experiencing something similar?  Is it DFM, Torque converter, transmission or just something i will have to trade out to resolve. 

I appreciate any answers that are offered up because i really, really don't want to get rid of this truck. 

• By Abdulla Muhsen
      Dear All,
      I've changed the original belt driven radiator cooling fan in my GMC Sierra 2004 to an electrical driven type and want to know what is the best alternator to install to overcome the amp loss without adding/modifying alt. bracket/holder or wiring connections please?

Regards,
    • By Mirage_Man
      Forgive me if this question has been discussed but I could not find anything with a search. 

I have a 21 Trail Boss that I want to lift 4" for a total of 6" to fit 35's. I have been looking for awhile now at the available lifts specific to the Trail Boss and AT4 and have narrowed it down to two... 

The BDS 1805H strut spacer lift with UCA's. 
      https://bds-suspension.com/product?kid=1805H

And  

Rough Country 27550 with their Vertex damping adjustable coilovers. 
      https://www.roughcountry.com/gm-suspension-lift-kit-27530c.html

The cost of the kits are within a couple hundred dollars of each other. 

I have watched all the reviews I could find on the Vertex coilovers and they seem to be good. I like the idea of them but I understand they can't be rebuilt so if they fail out of warranty I would have to replace them. Add to that the general sentiment that Rough Country in general isn't necessarily the greatest in terms of quality makes me very uncomfortable putting the kit on my truck. 

BDS on the other hand has great reviews and a stellar warranty but I only get a strut spacer lift with new UCA's that retains the factory coilover with the Rancho shocks. 

What are your thoughts, opinions and or experiences? Your input is much appreciated! 
    • By Blake4774
      Okay so last year my ignition locked up & wouldn't let me turn the truck off. Well we finally got it turning but it would work without the key now. I was going to order a kit from ebay containing OEM GM door locks & ignition cylinder, but I found this cylinder in storage. So I was wondering if I could simply swap out the cylinders & if that would fix my issue? The ignition looks to be the same as mine so its around my era(89) of truck.