Silverado Whistle Noise at Moderate Speed (35-50 MPH)

Has anyone else experienced noise similar to whistle or ringing between 35-50 MPH on new body style Silverado? Mine is Crew Z71 RST. It is at dealership getting looked at and they claim there IS in fact a bulletin however no fix yet. Want to know if anyone else experienced this and if there is a known issue. Can be heard windows up OR down more prominent on the drivers side and truck is generally warmed up at time of noise...

Thanks!

There's a thread on this and I believe it was a fuel tank/filler neck vent line issue? There's a service bulletin listed on the thread.  Sorry didn't have time to browse through the threads. Someone will chime in on the link.

Edited by mafd2

As the previous person mentioned, there is a thread...I believe it was in the troubleshooting forum .

I had the noise. If I remember correctly, the vent line on the fuel filler neck was either too narrow or it needed reinforcement as it would collapse on itself causing the whistling noise. 

My entire fuel filler neck assembly was replaced under warranty and it solved the problem.

• Like 2

On 6/21/2019 at 7:56 AM, fish_guru said:

As the previous person mentioned, there is a thread...I believe it was in the troubleshooting forum .

I had the noise. If I remember correctly, the vent line on the fuel filler neck was either too narrow or it needed reinforcement as it would collapse on itself causing the whistling noise. 

My entire fuel filler neck assembly was replaced under warranty and it solved the problem.

Yes, this is the fix. I had it done on my truck too. It is a known issue and they will replace the parts.

• 6 months later...
On 6/19/2019 at 3:53 PM, Kozzy said:

Has anyone else experienced noise similar to whistle or ringing between 35-50 MPH on new body style Silverado? Mine is Crew Z71 RST. It is at dealership getting looked at and they claim there IS in fact a bulletin however no fix yet. Want to know if anyone else experienced this and if there is a known issue. Can be heard windows up OR down more prominent on the drivers side and truck is generally warmed up at time of noise...

Thanks!

Did you get this fixed yet?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2019 at 3:53 PM, Kozzy said:

Thanks!

Have you gotten this fixed yet? 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...