Question. Tonneau cover and power tailgate

Does anyone know of a tonneau cover that will still allow the power tailgate to open when cover is on?I ordered the American tonneau hard tri fold and had to return it because of the fact that the tailgate would not open with remote.  I tried to move cover up and really did not feel like I should have to trim gasket after paying over$600 for it.  My TB Custom has limited options and the power tailgate is one I would still like be able to use with cover if possible.

Does anyone know of a tonneau cover that will still allow the power tailgate to open when cover is on?I ordered the American tonneau hard tri fold and had to return it because of the fact that the tailgate would not open with remote.  I tried to move cover up and really did not feel like I should have to trim gasket after paying over$600 for it.  My TB Custom has limited options and the power tailgate is one I would still like be able to use with cover if possible.
Are you ok with a soft tonneau?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I could be.  I know my buddy has the soft gator tri fold and he said that the tailgate won't come down with it.  I need something quick and easy to remove because occassionally put snowmobile in back of truck.
I had a hard trifold backflip on my 16 and liked it, I put a Gator low profile soft tonneau on my 19 and have been really happy with it. The auto open has been working great on mine.58c464325c94279d940a5b57df97ff31.jpg18c02eacc32817613f7eb83ae0c5995d.jpg020c043f807a00a2a2f721c049f92c71.jpg

I got mine on Amazon. I didn't have to adjust for the tailgate to work properly and was happy with the tension block orientation I used on the first try...I can't remember which number I'm on though. Here's the link...

Gator ETX Soft Roll Up Truck Bed Tonneau Cover | 137245 | fits 2019 GMC Sierra/Chevy Silverado 1500 (New Body Style), 5.8' Bed | Made in the USA https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07J2T7DZC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_7K5cDbDAYPVB8

8 hours ago, pschne1 said:

I just put a Bak revolver X4 on my TB LT and fits perfectly, easy to install and remote tailgate works.  You can use all of the bed except about 10inches when the cover is rolled up. 

I purchased the same one and very pleased with it. I left that foam piece off the tailgate though and thinned down a piece of garage door trim instead and stuck it to the underside of the back edge of the cover, worked out great.

• txab changed the title to Question. Tonneau cover and power tailgate
13 hours ago, SierraScreech said:

I purchased the same one and very pleased with it. I left that foam piece off the tailgate though and thinned down a piece of garage door trim instead and stuck it to the underside of the back edge of the cover, worked out great.

I have the same cover and I’m not sure what you mean here. You removed the seal on the cover that goes up against the back of the tailgate? If so, why? My X4 works fine with the power tailgate just as it came from Bak...

5 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

I have the same cover and I’m not sure what you mean here. You removed the seal on the cover that goes up against the back of the tailgate? If so, why? My X4 works fine with the power tailgate just as it came from Bak...

Looked like on the instructions to line the tail gate with  piece of foam and I thought "that tail gate won't open with the pressure on it like that" so I just left it off and started thinking of something to replace it with and trimmed down a garage door rubber piece. Maybe I didn't have to ha. She's water tight though and looks nice.