Question. Tonneau cover and power tailgate

2 minutes ago, SierraScreech said:

Looked like on the instructions to line the tail gate with  piece of foam and I thought "that tail gate won't open with the pressure on it like that" so I just left it off and started thinking of something to replace it with and trimmed down a garage door rubber piece. Maybe I didn't have to ha. She's water tight though and looks nice.

Oh, definitely not necessary to put anything on the tailgate. The seal on the cover mates against the back of the gate and nothing more is needed, I never have had any leaks. The two rolls of foam they give you are for the front of the bed. Two sizes, a short one for if you have the drop in bedliner and a taller one if you don’t. Think I used the shorter one even without the plastic bedliner because the other was way too tall.

2 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

Oh, definitely not necessary to put anything on the tailgate. The seal on the cover mates against the back of the gate and nothing more is needed, I never have had any leaks. The two rolls of foam they give you are for the front of the bed. Two sizes, a short one for if you have the drop in bedliner and a taller one if you don’t. Think I used the shorter one even without the plastic bedliner because the other was way too tall.

Oh right on. I must of read the paper wrong. I had a 1/16" space on mine so I figured I'd seal er off anyways.

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, 7ultra said:

Extang trifecta  signature series 2.0 . Works fine never had any issues.

D8554F5C-D603-4D47-A70D-9B6D7F25668F.jpeg

Trifecta 2.0 does not work at all with the tailgate for me.  Leaks at all four corners and prevents tailgate from opening and closing easily at all.  I am trying to return the trifecta 2.0 and get an exceed.

17 hours ago, Smoothbassman said:

I see you filled the grab handle holes in the back corners of the bed. Did your cover come with those caps? Or did you scoop them up somewhere else.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Got them on EBAY https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stake-Pocket-Covers-Caps-Plugs-2019-Silverado-Sierra-Accessories-Check-Photos/163519962753?hash=item26128c9e81:g:FHYAAOSwSqtcnzMy

On 9/17/2019 at 7:36 AM, Smoothbassman said:

I see you filled the grab handle holes in the back corners of the bed. Did your cover come with those caps? Or did you scoop them up somewhere else.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

On 9/18/2019 at 1:27 AM, Thunderstruck said:

great item for looks, and maybe i'm getting old.. but the holes are very handy for getting up and down in the back of the truck.

I recently installed Extang Xceed (replaced faulty Trifecta 2.0) and got it to work with the auto-down power tailgate....BUT i had to ensure the cover was pushed all the way forward to make it work.  If you follow the instructions in the box, it says to leave too small of a gap between the cover frame and tailgate lip; the extra pressure on the top of the tailgate in this config will prevent the tailgate from coming down without manual assist.

I also got and installed the same stake covers mentioned above from the eBay vendor.  Nice find Thunderstruck!!!