Coolant Additives

diyer2

You can find info online that they lower your coolant temps by about 5-6 degrees.

Lucas, Red Line and Royal Purple make it.

Anyone tried this product no matter the brand?

:)

I've put AMSOIL's Coolant Boost in my 2002 Silverado and in our 2016 Suburban.  Didn't notice any difference in coolant temp on the temp gauge, but I did notice that the heater seems to put out heat faster in the cold months.  This is exactly how it is suppose to work.  Pulling the heat away from the engine and into the coolant so it can keep the engine cool and you get warmer coolant faster which gives you heat faster in the winter months.

From AMSOIL's site:  DOMINATOR Coolant Boost is formulated with proprietary tiered-surfactant technology, providing quick and effective heat transfer inside radiators and cylinder heads and resulting in reduced operating temperatures, more efficient operation, increased horsepower and significantly reduced engine warm-up times in cold weather and before a race. Coolant Boost also contains a robust mixture of corrosion inhibitors that protect the radiator, heater core, water pump, cylinder heads, engine block and intake manifold from the damaging effects of corrosion.

RDCB.jpg

Edited by Black02Silverado

https://www.redlineoil.com/Content/files/tech/WaterWetter Tech Info.pdf

I use Red Line. If you have a scan tool that will let you watch KR you will notice a reduction. Water temperature, unless the system is tapped out rides on the thermostat, right? Cylinder head temp however does not. Biggest reason I use it is the aluminum corrosion protection. If I need more cooling I just dilute the coolant mix. 

• 1 month later...