Jump to content
  • Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!

    In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Recommended Posts

I was hoping someone would say that GM is easier to spell....     Ford and GM compete for my truck buying dollar.   Ford had my loyalty from 1969 to 1996 because of their looks and engine choices.  The 300 L6 (4spd) would be in my driveway today if it was still available!  I didn't like the direction Ford took with their trucks in the late '90's. Adopting my late father's six month old '00 Silverado also helped to break my loyalty to Ford.  For 2019 the choice between GMC and Ford would be difficult for me.  They are both great looking trucks but I think GM's new 2.7 L4 would keep me loyal to GM!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The dealership call and said 'Hey, we have some great deals on right now, why don't you come in and take a look". I have a rubber arm, so I said "OK".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to be very brand loyal - but with past experience with GMs, it wasn't the case for buying a pickup.

 

Reasons were: Magneride - smoothest truck you can buy, best looks, 6.2 NA power (know of too many turbo issues on the Fords), and fuel econ (6.2 does better than any competitor in real world - hand calculated mileage).  Hope to have this one for 15+ years.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 12:57 PM, Jacoby said:

With that statement you don't have a leg to stand on.  Its simply not true

 

Either way all that matters is you like what you bought.  I like my Silverado even with the 5.3 turd

This does not have a leg to stand on either?

 

This is my second GMC in the last 15 years or so... Just traded a '17 F150 with the eco 2.7 and three oil pan changes and a blown radiator. I have had a lot of trucks/autos/suvs and never had one that took four plastic oil pans. Ford has a real problem with quality. My 5.3 has die cast aluminum oil pan and no water cooled turbos. The ford has some good points, like the handling compared to the GMC. My F150 was in the shop 28 days. There is just no way around that problem. I am not so hot on the chevy look, but i do think the GMC is as sharp as the 150. The inside of the GMC is better, i mean mine has a weather radar feature, a gadget to be sure, but one i like.

 

I also tend to think the 5.3 will way outlast the 2.7. Maybe twice as long. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2019 at 2:15 PM, mookdoc6 said:

They just simply do not hold together and offer cheaper ownership costs 50k,100k,150k-200k they don't.

 

20 minutes ago, mookdoc6 said:

This does not have a leg to stand on either?

 

This is my second GMC in the last 15 years or so... Just traded a '17 F150 with the eco 2.7 and three oil pan changes and a blown radiator. I have had a lot of trucks/autos/suvs and never had one that took four plastic oil pans. Ford has a real problem with quality. My 5.3 has die cast aluminum oil pan and no water cooled turbos. The ford has some good points, like the handling compared to the GMC. My F150 was in the shop 28 days. There is just no way around that problem. I am not so hot on the chevy look, but i do think the GMC is as sharp as the 150. The inside of the GMC is better, i mean mine has a weather radar feature, a gadget to be sure, but one i like.

 

I also tend to think the 5.3 will way outlast the 2.7. Maybe twice as long. 

As soon as you said “they” don’t hold up, your leg to stand on snapped in half. A 1 off scenario such as yours can hardly attest to the quality of the entire run of trucks which is in the millions I’m sure. As I’ve said multiple times. There have been no reports of mass failures with the Ecoboost and not one engine related recall since they were introduced in 2009. That to me sounds like a quality, reliable product. 

 

And it’s your fault for buying a full size truck with smallest engine they offer lol!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because I saw this rendering and fell in love instantly and the paint on my 2010 All Terrain was lifting everywhere. These are nicer trucks, but the paint is still thinner than paper and quality/reliability has gone down hill. I also wasn't stoked to pay over $10k more for the same truck that I had, now they want another $10k for the T1 so this will be my last GM until we have another recession. Image result for 2014 Sierra All Terrain

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0257.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jacoby said:

 

As soon as you said “they” don’t hold up, your leg to stand on snapped in half. A 1 off scenario such as yours can hardly attest to the quality of the entire run of trucks which is in the millions I’m sure. As I’ve said multiple times. There have been no reports of mass failures with the Ecoboost and not one engine related recall since they were introduced in 2009. That to me sounds like a quality, reliable product. 

 

And it’s your fault for buying a full size truck with smallest engine they offer lol!!!!!!!!

Jacob  

Mama always said if your going play in the sandbox play nice ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Windmill Greaser said:

Jacob  

Mama always said if your going play in the sandbox play nice ?

Huh????

 

How do you interpret what I said as being mean?  He had an issue with his truck and apparently that led him to believe that every other model of that truck is also bad.  I pointed out that that's simply not the case.  I didn't do it in a mean way. 

 

How may times have we seen lifter problems with these Ecotech engines?????  A lot.  Does that mean theyre all bad????  Absolutely not. 

 

 

People around here are to sensitive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jacoby said:

 

As soon as you said “they” don’t hold up, your leg to stand on snapped in half. A 1 off scenario such as yours can hardly attest to the quality of the entire run of trucks which is in the millions I’m sure. As I’ve said multiple times. There have been no reports of mass failures with the Ecoboost and not one engine related recall since they were introduced in 2009. That to me sounds like a quality, reliable product. 

 

And it’s your fault for buying a full size truck with smallest engine they offer lol!!!!!!!!

Really, I actively sought out the 5.3L not the 6.2L honestly probably could do with the 4.3L Power, speed, consumption not all my thing?  I would take the 2.7L GM turbo as it's purpose built for the vehicle it's bolted to.  The Ferd 2.7L and 3.5L nope you can buy one of those son.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mookdoc6 said:

Really, I actively sought out the 5.3L not the 6.2L honestly probably could do with the 4.3L Power, speed, consumption not all my thing?  I would take the 2.7L GM turbo as it's purpose built for the vehicle it's bolted to.  The Ferd 2.7L and 3.5L nope you can buy one of those son.....

I was talking about the Ford you owned having the smallest engine

 

I feel like im loosing braincells going back and forth with you.   You keep ending sentences with ??? and you aren't asking questions

 

The 2.7L Ecoboost was purpose built for the F150 so not sure what your point is there with the GM except that it took them 9yrs to come out with one.   With that said Id be happy to wager that this purpose built motor you speak of ends up in a lot more models over the next few years.  Let me know if you want some of that action.  Purpose built, that's funny LOL!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Its in my DNA, must have been some kind of GM reincarnation, when I was young my parents would say every time I seen a GM vehicle I'd call it out, Jimmy, Chevy, vettey, kid names for stuff. They didnt own GM's when I was young.

 

Powertrain, nobody beats GM V8's, its a total sum of , reliable engines, repair-ability, cost of maintenance, power/torque, decent fuel economy given the mass. Engines are used for swaps, boats, buggy's, almost everything that needed a engine, got a GM SB/LS/LT.  

 

its the kind of vehicle you can show your kids how to repair as they grow up, and they are worth repairing.  

Edited by camcamaro1991
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess it is brand loyalty for me. My first truck was a GM, and I just haven’t felt comfortable buying anything else. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Jacoby said:

I was talking about the Ford you owned having the smallest engine

 

I feel like im loosing braincells going back and forth with you.   You keep ending sentences with ??? and you aren't asking questions

 

The 2.7L Ecoboost was purpose built for the F150 so not sure what your point is there with the GM except that it took them 9yrs to come out with one.   With that said Id be happy to wager that this purpose built motor you speak of ends up in a lot more models over the next few years.  Let me know if you want some of that action.  Purpose built, that's funny LOL!!!

Heck, Yeah! I want some of that action!  Spread that engine around!  2.7L GM is stout!  Fack, the non-cylinder lined FERD 2.7L ?  How is that for ya?

Edited by mookdoc6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was the best looking truck on the market at the time. (Still is) and I was raised a Chevy man. 612ac0ad0194abd63a26f6651d1fd04b.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Camping world melted the wires on my Ford Ranger when they installed a brake controller by splicing into the cruise control wire accidentally. They sent it to Ford for the fix (took 1.5 months due to backordered wiring harness). When the Ranger was fixed CW and I spoke, identified the correct wire to splice, and they proceeded to splice the cruise control wire again and melted the wires. I got the Ranger patched up and got the Silverado WITH a brake controller from the factory. The OTD pricing on the 301a package F150’s were $5-8k more than the Silverado with less features. Didn’t consider Ram. Diesel Colorado was the same price as the Silverado.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.