Anybody have any updates on when the 2020 1500 orders will open up?

Most info I've gotten from here, the internet, and the dealership all seems to point to August sometime. Wanting to know if any of the available tech and safety options are opening up on the lower trim RST. Wish I could find out more so I know if I should jump on the AT4 or wait it out.

I went by my dealer today. They still are not able to select some options for the 2020 Silverado’s. For example, when opening the build sheet for a custom order, I was unable to select the 6.2L / 10 Speed option on a 2020 LT Trailboss. It was listed as an option, but it is blacked out / not selectable. From what they said looking at the allocations, 2019 production stops the first week of August and 2020 production picks up the second week or August.

I was going to wait for a 2020....  but the price isnt worth it for me personally..

early 2020 might get 4-6k off msrp...

I'm about to close on a 2019 AT4 thats 12K off msrp...

is it worth that much money for adaptive cruise and HD trailer camera system....

i can sell the truck in 2-3 years and upgrade for the premium i would have to pay to get a 2020 right out of the gate.

just my 2 cents.

14 hours ago, newdude said:

Stupid question: to the last point in the GMC changes, does anyone know what 3SA, 3SB, 4SA, 4SB and 5SA are? From the searching I've done, it seems like they might be the trim levels: 3SA = SLE, 3SB = Elevation, 4SA = SLT, 4SB AT4 and 5SA = Denali? However, I thought their press release on 2020 changes said the 10 speed would be standard on SLT and up. 

11 minutes ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

Stupid question: to the last point in the GMC changes, does anyone know what 3SA, 3SB, 4SA, 4SB and 5SA are? From the searching I've done, it seems like they might be the trim levels: 3SA = SLE, 3SB = Elevation, 4SA = SLT, 4SB AT4 and 5SA = Denali? However, I thought their press release on 2020 changes said the 10 speed would be standard on SLT and up. 

Available, but not standard on SLT.  If you go 4x4, its standard on the 5.3 and 6.2.   

https://media.gmc.com/media/us/en/gmc/home.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2019/may/0517-gmc.html

10-speed automatic transmission availability expands to 5.3L V-8 models (SLT, AT4 and Denali models with 4WD).

The order guide mechanical section:  https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2020&regionID=1&divisionID=2&type=0&vehicleID=21796&section=oi_def&page=6&butID=3

The 10 speed: 

Transmission, 10-speed automatic, electronically controlled with overdrive and tow/haul mode. Includes Cruise Grade Braking and Powertrain Grade Braking
1 - Included and only available with (L84) 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 engine on 4WD models or (LM2) Duramax 3.0L Turbo-Diesel I6 engine.
2 - Included and only available with (L84) 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 engine on 4WD models, (L87) 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine or (LM2) Duramax 3.0L Turbo-Diesel I6 engine.

Footnote 2 applies on SLT and Denali. 

Edited by newdude

16 hours ago, newdude said:

I found those in another post before I posted this one. So are those the complete list of changes? We shouldn't expect, say, the technology package to become available in the RST? That's the only thing preventing me from going ahead on the AT4. 

7 minutes ago, HBKidJr said:

I found those in another post before I posted this one. So are those the complete list of changes? We shouldn't expect, say, the technology package to become available in the RST? That's the only thing preventing me from going ahead on the AT4. 

Those are the only announced changes for 2020 so far yes, aside from added 6.2 availability, and added 10 speed availability. 

Edited by newdude

3 hours ago, newdude said:

Available, but not standard on SLT.  If you go 4x4, its standard on the 5.3 and 6.2.   

https://media.gmc.com/media/us/en/gmc/home.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2019/may/0517-gmc.html

The order guide mechanical section:  https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2020&regionID=1&divisionID=2&type=0&vehicleID=21796&section=oi_def&page=6&butID=3

The 10 speed: 

Footnote 2 applies on SLT and Denali. 

Interestingly, the bullet point at the top says 5.3 w 10 speed available on 4x4 SLT, AT4 and Denali but the propulsion systems paragraph says 4x4 SLE and up. 

Anyway, not a big deal for me personally because you have to go to SLT to get front bucket seats.

Edited by Cpl_Punishment

I am curious what folks think the price difference would be between a 2019 LTZ w/ the 6.2 vs a 2020 RST w/ the 6.2?  My budget is about $40k and I wanted to get a Trailboss but am leery of the 5.3/8 speed combo, so I am thinking of getting a 2019 LTZ w/ the 6.2 later in the year or a 2020 RST w/ the 6.2 next year to stay around that $40k mark.

Edited by Jricharc

1 hour ago, Jricharc said:

I am curious what folks think the price difference would be between a 2019 LTZ w/ the 6.2 vs a 2020 RST w/ the 6.2?  My budget is about $40k and I wanted to get a Trailboss but am leery of the 5.3/8 speed combo, so I am thinking of getting a 2019 LTZ w/ the 6.2 later in the year or a 2020 RST w/ the 6.2 next year to stay around that $40k mark.

I'd say a pretty good estimate for what the 2020 RST is going to be would be whatever the 2019 RST is going for at MSRP, plus the cost of the 6.2 option. Won't be many incentives for the first few months, but you might get the $3500 most dealers are doing, plus a little more wiggle room. 

2 hours ago, Jricharc said:

Or just get the TB with 6.2?

If your budget is around $40K, buy a 2019 RST 5.3/8 speed now. I bought one a month ago for $13,200 below MSRP. If you are a Costco member check out there program. It will be a long time before you can get any serious rebates/incentives on 2020. I agree the 6.2/10speed is nice but I drove both and was pleased with the 5.3. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RUSSH said:

Or just get the TB with 6.2?

I think getting a TrailBoss w/ the 6.2 will be damn near impossible to get for around $40k.  I dont want to spend any more than $42k tops.