In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
vmessina1837

Chevy Silverado 1500 6.2L Exhaust

Hello,

I'm here looking to see any input anyone may have. I currently just purchased a 2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 6.2L and I am looking to do a custom exhaust. I want to make it a true dual and preferably would like to do a single muffler with 2 in and 2 out. I am looking for any input on sound quality and what muffler is best to create the deep rumble many love. I honestly do not care if there is any drone as it doesn't bother me.  

Thank You in advance to any that can be of help. 

I have a 2015 HighCountry and just recently had a Flowmaster dual exhaust installed on my truck.  Love the sound and have definitely noticed  a little more power when hitting the accelerator.  I had Flowmaster on my 2001 Silverado and loved it also.  Good luck.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Nathan Wallace
      Hello I got a baffling problem with my 2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT with the 5.3 L and Z71 package in it. I got a U1510 code and U1501 code. The U1510 says it’s a LIN on bus communication issue. Now this was about the end of August when that happened. Looked at a few things couldn’t really figure it out and didn’t have the time to look because the truck seems to be running fine. About 4 days ago my service brake trailer starts flashing on my dash when I’m not even towing a trailer (the last time I did was about 5 days before this). Now I take it to my step father who owns a garage and has worked on chevys for years. Now the U1510 code is still  there when we scanned it but the U1501 code is gone but now on top of those codes there’s a U1037 code which is lost communication with trailer brake control module, P0562 which is low system voltage for Chasis Control Module, B127E code which is Front video display output signal, and C0800 code which is control module power circuit below voltage threshold for the power steering control module. The truck driving it runs perfectly fine, nothing abnormal at all. So thinking the trailer brake might be a separate issue we checked that out all the wiring etc and nothing wrong with it. So for the other codes we went and checked all the grounds on the truck thinking it might be a ground issue and all them seem to be good. We are starting to think maybe it’s a PCM, ECU problem because of all the random codes being thrown in every direction as well as codes in the system before disappearing. Any advice or help would be appreciated!!
    • By WTWill
      I am getting desperate for some help on this issue. I bought a 202o Silverado 1500 WT and I have been slowly adding OEM parts to it. I live in New England, so I thought a remote starter would be nice for those cold mornings. My problem is that my local dealer told me that the OEM remote starter isn't available for my truck (something about the software not having that option). I don't know how much I believe this, because an OEM starter should be pretty much universal across the 5.3L engines and computers, right? Well, I asked another dealer, and they said the starter kit isn't showing up as a possible accessory with my VIN#. I then tried to call GM directly, and got absolutely nowhere with the tech support, because the first girl had no idea why it wasn't showing up, and the second one had no idea what I was talking about. She thought I was just wondering why it wasn't showing up as an accessory on the page.

I am trying to keep the truck as OEM as possible, because I really don't want a bunch of wire splices and extra key fobs to carry around. My question is, has anyone else been having this issue, and/or is this just a load of b.s. and the starter kit and new key fob with the start button will install just fine? Any information would be greatly appreciated about why my WT can't have the remote starter kit installed. (Last eight of the VIN is LG141071)
    • By King K
      (2015 Silverado LTZ 6.2) So over the last few days I've been recognizing the Battery saver active notification on my truck. I recently installed a Mechman 250 alternator and a new battery, got a stereo system put in and it didn't have enough power for it so I did the big three Upgrade. I'm getting great voltage but after a while of driving I get the (battery saver active) warning does anyone know what that could be I'm kinda lost.
    • By dave peyton jr
      Hello everyone,
      Has anyone ran across a 2020 1500 trail boss not being able to run a trailer with LED lights? The dealer said my truck was fine. I rewired my 2 year old trailer with standard bulbs now I have brake and turn signals but still no running lights.  Any ideas its clear there's a problem.

Thanks
      Snipe