In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Please help!!   2008 GMC Sierra. 4.8.  Replaced fuel pump and FSM last year. Replaced evap solinoid last week.  Truck doednt want to start.  Turns over on first try. Then starts on second try.   Could it be a fuel sensor on fuel rail? 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Angler21
      Please help!!   2008 GMC Sierra. 4.8.  Replaced fuel pump and FSM last year. Replaced evap solinoid last week.  Truck doednt want to start.  Turns over on first try. Then starts on second try.   Could it be a fuel sensor on fuel rail? 
    • By sandman56
      I have a 02 Silverado with the 5.3 vortex engine. It will start and die in a couple of seconds. I have tried the relearn process and also the pass lock bypass but nothing seems to help. The security light was one all the time when I got the truck, but now after doing the relearn and bypass it only comes on when I open the door and goes out when I shut it. I don't know what to do from this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
    • By Junior Truck
      So I have a 2106 3.6 Colorado. She's been flawless for 65,000 miles.  Now I have two issues that I hope are related. With the absence of codes I'm looking for anyone who may have had a similar experience.  After refueling when the tank is real low (reserve light on) she cold cranks for several ignition switch cycles before starting.  This ECM has not thrown a code to date. No CEL. This only happens after refueling when the tank was really low. Kinda scary 500 miles from home. Maybe a stuck evap solenoid?  About the same time this started, I started to get a low idle stumble after running at interstate speed.  The low idle stumble is also intermittent.  Again no codes.  Was just bragging to a Ford guy about how reliable my Colorado and my Duramax have been, then this!  Anyone have anything on this?
    • By nimrodtoo
      My 2011 Sierra, 169K miles old, just started to stumble on cold starts about 2 weeks ago. Today I got the P0175 code. There's plenty of troubleshooting to do for that code and I'll start on it asap (it's cold in MI). This is the first issue I've had with the motor ever and am wondering if one event could be causing this.  About 5 weeks ago I inadvertently filled up with 93 octane. That was the first time in 479 fuel fill ups that I've deviated from 87 octane. The motor has always started on the first turn whether with key or remote start since new. But in the past month it takes a couple of turns to start up and occasionally stumbles once before smoothing out. There might be a slight miss at idle, but driveability is still good and no lack of power. The P0175 today was the first SES code to come on. It's got a K&N airfilter since 1k miles and the only other change has been plugs and wires at 160K.
       Thoughts? Help?

Thanks,
       Mike