High Country Ventilated Seats

They don't seem to be cooling as good as they did when we first bought it new in November.  Sometimes I don't think they're working at all.  Does anyone know if they actually use A/C or do they just use a fan to circulate the cooled cabin air?  Also, they say in the owners manual that you can have the ventilated seats come on automatically when you do a remote start.  The manual says to turn this setting on in the vehicle personalization settings.  It's not there.  I don't have that option.  I have heated and ventilated seats but no option in settings to turn them on when doing a remote start.

Not sure about the origin of the air but the option exists on my LTZ to remote start and have them kick on. I seem to recall it was u see “Comfort and Convenience”, wherever that is. 

As far as I know the seats are just vented. They did away with actual A/C seats after 2015. The vented ones work better than the A/C in my opinion anyway.

In regards to auto cooling the seats, it’s in settings-   vehicle-    remote lock, unlock, and start.

B70A2612-FEC7-49B9-950E-59C258A7E5B9.thumb.jpeg.32abdeae3118b307a8774694118e2001.jpeg

Ok I found it, that's great, but I tried a remote start and the ventilating
seats don't come on automatically even though I have the option checked.
Hmm....

Do you have to leave the AC and seats on then turn off the engine, exit the truck, then do a remote start and the AC and seats will automatically come on?

Nope, don’t have to do anything. It’s all based off the cabin temperature, not any previous climate control settings the last time you drove. If it’s relatively cool when you remote start they don’t kick on. Park in the sun tomorrow and see what they do.

Also should note that the lights on the vented seat switches won’t be on during a remote start, and you’ll have to turn the seats on again after you press the ignition button.

The ventilated seats on my LTZ are my favorite feature on this truck. Couldn't do leather without them in FL. It was in the 80s back in March when purchased and now we've had almost three straight weeks of 100+ heat index. Freaking brutal. Remote start and cooled seats FTW! ???

I found that they work much better after the truck is cool...hence they're just venting cabin air.

One trick I do to get the seats cooling faster is to turn on the bottom AC vents when I first get in the cab and then turn them off after it cools down. Seems to work for me.

These ventilated seat just aren't working. I hear the seat fans spinning but no cool air coming through the seats. I did a remote start today after letting it sit in a parking lot for awhile and the AC didn't come on and the ventilated seats didn't come on either. Pretty much worthless right now as far as I'm concerned. There's nothing cool about them. I wonder if it could be a computer glitch. Great idea, wish it worked.

Sounds like there may be some kind of glitch. My A/C is always roaring full blast when I get in from a remote start. If you haven’t been to a dealer lately, see if there’s any updates they can apply.

In regards to the seat fans...your expectations may be a bit too high. The design of them is draw hot air out of the seat and thus replace it with the air conditioned cabin air. They do not blow cold air out of the perforations if that’s what you’re expecting. It’s enough to keep your ass from sticking to the seat, but it’s not going to be like sitting on an ice block. If you hear the fans running, that’s it. It’s working.

• Like 1

Thanks but I'm not expecting ice ice cold seats. When I first got the truck new the seats worked way better than they do now. The cooling was very noticable. Right now, at the start of summer no less, you can't tell the difference whether you have the switch on or off other than the fan noise. And I've ran it for miles waiting for a cooling effect. Nothing. That's what makes me wonder about a computer problem. Hmm.....

16 hours ago, 2019silverado said:

These ventilated seat just aren't working. I hear the seat fans spinning but no cool air coming through the seats. I did a remote start today after letting it sit in a parking lot for awhile and the AC didn't come on and the ventilated seats didn't come on either. Pretty much worthless right now as far as I'm concerned. There's nothing cool about them. I

wonder if it could be a computer glitch. Great idea, wish it worked.

With the software version mine has loaded it took a few tries to get the setting change to stick.  Even after that the seat heater didn't appear to be coming on with remote start in the winter.

At some mysterious and magical point later the automatic heater was working, and automatic cooling has been working fine as well.

So if anything I would suspect a software bug if yours isnt working like it's supposed to. :uhoh: