GREEDY GM and MYGMC / MYCHEVY APP

1 hour ago, robsieb said:

I'm on my forth new GMC (plus my wife had a 2015 Yukon) since 2010 and I'm just about sick of GM's cheap tactics. The current 2019 AT4 I have had s sticker price 11K over my 2016 All Terrain and they've removed the adjustable peddles, sun glasses holder, adjustable seatbelts, storage compartment in the front doors, the OH Sh!t handles and turning signals in the mirrors. Granted, they have added a HUD, heated rear seats and rear A/C vents but really? 11K more then nickel and dime me on remote start on an app? What gives GM, are you really hurting that bad that you can't throw this small perk in for more than a month? What a kick in the nuts!!!

Take a second and think what else the truck has added since 2016, you are paying for additional truck capabilities not car features. Strengthened frame, new tech, more towing/hauling, larger bed, more safety, etc. People constantly complain, those people will never be happy no matter what feature it comes with they will find something else to complain is missing.

What is with people saying they spent X amount of money and feeling like they are entitled to something? There is so much more to it than the petty complaints...These threads are an excellent laugh to read. I agree in another thread they should be combined in to one giant thread.

Tyler

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, amxguy1970 said:

Take a second and think what else the truck has added since 2016, you are paying for additional truck capabilities not car features. Strengthened frame, new tech, more towing/hauling, larger bed, more safety, etc. People constantly complain, those people will never be happy no matter what feature it comes with they will find something else to complain is missing.

What is with people saying they spent X amount of money and feeling like they are entitled to something? There is so much more to it than the petty complaints...These threads are an excellent laugh to read. I agree in another thread they should be combined in to one giant thread.

Tyler

That may be true, but there are some features that used to be standard are missing.  My 2019 LT crew cab is worlds better than my 2009 LS crew cab, but my 2009 came with the back seat arm rest/cup holder.   My 2019 LT (higher trim level) does not.  My kids have no place for their drinks in the back seats except for the door pockets which are not easy for a 4th/5th grader to reach.

Also, like others have said, why is it that the only 2019 trucks that don't come with LED tail lights are the bottom of the line work truck and the bread and butter LT?  It's a money grab to make the most purchased trucks cheaper to make or persuade buyers into more expensive trims.

• Like 2

Market segmentation and revenue management is both art and science.  I suspect GM is pretty good at it - they know pretty closely what will happen to volume and revenues with feature set changes.  It would be nice to have the app for free but there is an ongoing real cost to them which everyone paid for historically, they know for sure what % of customers use the tech and how often.  Going to a subscription model (like your phone, tv, internet, etc.) passes the cost on to those that actually use it instead of everyone - at least theoretically allowing them to lower the actual price of the vehicle, impossible to tell though.

Edited by brents

19 hours ago, mbaee said:

Also, like others have said, why is it that the only 2019 trucks that don't come with LED tail lights are the bottom of the line work truck and the bread and butter LT?  It's a money grab to make the most purchased trucks cheaper to make or persuade buyers into more expensive trims.

I don't have a problem with that. The K2 only had LED taillights for the LTZ/High Country and SLT/Denali, it's also the way Ford and Ram do it. What I do have a problem with is getting rid of things that were previously available on the older trucks. Things should be added as a new model comes along, not taken away. The fact that these trucks don't have adjustable pedals and a sunglasses holder is almost laughable. I can live without the signal mirrors. Other than that, I like the truck. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, brents said:

Market segmentation and revenue management is both art and science.  I suspect GM is pretty good at it - they know pretty closely what will happen to volume and revenues with feature set changes.  It would be nice to have the app for free but there is an ongoing real cost to them which everyone paid for historically, they know for sure what % of customers use the tech and how often.  Going to a subscription model (like your phone, tv, internet, etc.) passes the cost on to those that actually use it instead of everyone - at least theoretically allowing them to lower the actual price of the vehicle, impossible to tell though.

Sure, then give me the option to just buy the key fob app,  and not entire onstar subscription..

• Like 3

I was able to call onstar and they gave me three years for free. I don’t want everything the app does, just lock/unlock and start/stop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What year truck do you have?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

What year truck do you have?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

A 2018 Sierra. I came from a 2008 and a 2017 suburban. The guy said since I had been with them for a long time they would do it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

you have to ask for it, but the basic key fob part of the app is avail for 9.99 a month. i still won't pay for it, but it is an option over the cheapest advertised package. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Okay guys, I bought mine on June 29th this year, and I didnt get 20,000 points either. 

Can I get the dealer to fix this for me?

I just got a 1,000 points for enrolling.

Should I just call my dealership tomorrow?