On 7/3/2019 at 4:04 PM, [email protected] said:

Also, Amazon sells the little frame plug caps for those annoying holes that you see on the frame at the back wheel. Pretty inexpensive for one set and they just push in,. The wheel well inserts are great for soundproofing as well

Can I get the link for these plugs?  Thanks!

20 hours ago, JWK21 said:

Here is the link for the caps for the holes on the bed rail: https://www.amazon.com/ES-ENGINEERED-SCHILDMEIER-Pocket-Silverado/dp/B07KVKN9PZ

Thanks.  I already picked those up.  Was actually looking for the plugs that go into the holes on the frame that are visible in the rear wheel well.

21 hours ago, JWK21 said:

Here is the link for the caps for the holes on the bed rail: https://www.amazon.com/ES-ENGINEERED-SCHILDMEIER-Pocket-Silverado/dp/B07KVKN9PZ

When I get a few mins, it doesn't look like it would be too difficult to make up a .stl to 3d print them...(kind of appears these might be 3d printed)   Maybe with a bowtie on them...

I'm also toying with the idea of a fog light insert.

Edited by Cohocarl

On 7/14/2019 at 12:58 PM, Cohocarl said:

When I get a few mins, it doesn't look like it would be too difficult to make up a .stl to 3d print them...(kind of appears these might be 3d printed)   Maybe with a bowtie on them...

I'm also toying with the idea of a fog light insert.

The plugs on the bed rail are definitely 3d printed.  If you generate plugs for the holes on the frame in rear wheel well I will definitely buy them.  I'm good with no bowtie as I'm a full de-badge guy.  Regardless... I would buy them and I'm sure people on the forum would buy them.  You would be the first to produce them.

13 hours ago, Sotally Tober said:

... If you generate plugs for the holes on the frame in rear wheel well I will definitely buy them...

I just dabble with 3d printing for personal stuff & share on Thingiverse.  If I did come up with something, I could make up a few though...

Which "holes" are we looking at?  I attached a pic with a few circles.  The ones in yellow could be easily filled with those black "Christmas tree" plugs you can pick up on auto stores or Ebay.  I'm wondering if we'd really want to plug up the ones in blue and green due to moisture/rust concerns.  

With some personal matters, I'm pretty tied up, but might give some time to mess around with something 3d printed.  We also need to realize 3d prints are usually printed in relatively low melting point plastics & depending on design of print might not be real tough.  My thoughts of making a driving light bezel are pretty much on hold due to the heat generated.  Might be able to make something up for some led strip lights for bling, but nothing that would generate much heat.

P.S.  Sorry to be off topic.  Will begin a 3d printed thread.

holes.jpg

Edited by Cohocarl

1 minute ago, Cohocarl said:

I just dabble with 3d printing for personal stuff & share on Thingiverse.  If I did come up with something, I could make up a few though...

Which "holes" are we looking at?  I attached a pic with a few circles.  The ones in yellow could be easily filled with those black "Christmas tree" plugs you can pick up on auto stores or Ebay.  I'm wondering if we'd really want to plug up the ones in blue and green due to moisture/rust concerns.  

With some personal matters, I'm pretty tied up, but might give some time to mess around with something 3d printed.  We also need to realize 3d prints are usually printed in relatively low melting point plastics & depending on design of print might not be real tough.  My thoughts of making a driving light bezel are pretty much on hold due to the heat generated.  Might be able to make something up for some led strip lights for bling, but nothing that would generate much heat.

holes.jpg

Blue and Green circles is what I was looking at.  Here's a link to the previous generation:  https://www.amazon.com/Red-Hound-Auto-Compatible-Silverado/dp/B01N94IGOG

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As to the felt liners, do they hold road salt in the winters and accelerate rust?  I have liners on the fronts of my new truck.  Considering adding them to the back but salt is a concern.  

Having them sprayed may be an alternative, but I have not checked around for that.

• 3 months later...

I've had the felt liners on previous trucks without any issues at all. Yes, they are felt but a simple trip to the car wash or firing up my pressure washer will do the trick (They wash right out).  My 2020 RST didn't have any so I opted for the Husky liner branded plastic ones because the OEM felt you must drill holes in the lower portion front and rear for 4 screws for the lower mounts. You will also have to modify the Husky Liners to mate up with the lower lip front/rear to make them look right but no drilling into your truck!! Some have sprayed with a bed liner product and that works but it does not cover up all the inner workings of the bed/frame/suspension which is obnoxious in my opinion, not to mention spraying does not prevent road dirt, grime, mud from entering areas that a plastic/felt liner will at least help in preventing. JMHO for what its worth.