2019 Interior what’s the problem?

I think that a very big reason why the GM twins and even the F-150 have so many areas where plastics are harder or thinner tan before has to do with weight savings as much as it does cost. An ounce here, an ounce there. Those small weight savings add up. It's important for fuel economy, payload capacity, towing performance, and cost. I'm fine with the interior in my RST, but GM didn't make the High Country and Denali feel luxurious enough IMO. There is a cost difference between a HC/Denali and trucks like the Ram Limited and F-150 Limited/Platinum, but GM should still offer a luxurious interior for those that want it.

1 hour ago, HondaHawkGT said:

I'm fine with the interior in my RST, but GM didn't make the High Country and Denali feel luxurious enough IMO. There is a cost difference between a HC/Denali and trucks like the Ram Limited and F-150 Limited/Platinum, but GM should still offer a luxurious interior for those that want it.

100%. 

I think the HC and Denali owners should be the most disappointed / upset with the interiors. It's pretty much the same as our loaded RSTs. I think it's a perfect interior for the RST trim, personally. But, yeah, if I would have paid more, I would have wanted more luxury. 

• Like 2

On 7/7/2019 at 11:17 PM, Mandalorian said:

I think the tan interiors have just aged a lot better in the GMT900 trucks as an example. The light color still looks roomy and airy, while the black just looks cheaper and more plasticky. Something about the graining of the plastic maybe. The black leather seats always seem to show more signs of wear too.

gmc.png

For those of us that use our trucks like a truck, that interior would look like crap after a month. Black just cleans up easier.

Mine is just an LT trim, but I love the interior of it.

I think it looks better than both Ford or Dodge or any other new truck. But, I've always liked the interior of the Silverado better than any other. And the 2019 are super nice imo. The best I've ever saw on a Silverado. 

The main problem I see with the new trucks interior. When I traded my 2009 Sierra which was "hard plastic city" on the inside to my 2014 Sierra both SLE. The difference was night and day. The plusher and softer interior on the 14 made my 09 look really bad. This is where the guys with the 07-13 trucks are being really impressed by the interior. However now. My 2016 SLT vs a new 2019 SLT I sat in at the dealer seem to almost be the same truck. Yes there are nice changes but, as far as materials and such. It feels like the same truck.

• Like 2

On 7/6/2019 at 9:41 PM, Elpresidente said:

After a year of watching every, and literally (the old English use of the word) YouTube videos and reviews on the new RAM and the Chevy/GMC lines.

I candidly do not understand what every auto journalists problem is with the New Chevy trucks interior.  

Now am looking at or discussing High Country, Denali, and AT4 interiors.  The perforated leather seats are comfortable.  The padding is not to hard.  The interior is great.  You know your not in a $100K+ Mercedes of even a $65K+ Merc.

Although the door soft touch materials are fine.  The center console is softer than the doors and great for an arm rest.  The phone holder in the middle arm rest is far enough from the end that it will never be in the way.  The controls are easily layed out and maybe even considerably more ergonomicly than the RAM.

Have a loaded with every option Acura MDX.  The Chevy/GMC interior on the high end trims is damn near identical in quality overall.  MDX might not be a high end luxury vechile. Might be a rung below some of the German options; but my time in the vechicles today do not warrant the bad press.

Chevy now only if you would do adaptive suspension on the High Country :)  Like you used to!

I completely agree. I had a Ram before and the interior looked pretty in pictures but was so cheap feeling in real life.  I also didn’t opt for a new RAM because I sure as hell don’t want to control EVERYTHING  off their glitchy infotainment screen.

• Like 1