Adding amp and sub to Bose system

I just finished adding an amp and sub to my 2019 Sierra double cab and wanted to share some info to help others.

Power--Connected to the positive post. I backed off the clamp bolt just far enough to insert a connector (used a standard ring connector and clipped the top, making it into a C).

There is a rubber grommet on the firewall directly behind the battery that had an unused accessory nipple. I snipped off the end and 4 gauge cable slid through it perfectly.

Remote on--fuse box is on the passenger side end of the dash. I used a test light to find a fuse slot that powers up with ignition. Run the wire down to the power cable you just pulled through the firewall. There is a ton of room to run these down the passenger side and there is no need to remove the center column plastic as the cables will run underneath with no issue. If you need more room to work, there are are a couple caps that cover the stock wire loom that can be removed. Two bolts close to the door seal and two more just under the carpet. I used a wire coat hanger, fed it from the rear seat to the front, and taped the two wires to it so i could pull them straight back. It worked great.

Line out convertor---I found a wiring pdf doc for my 2019 which included the amp and speaker plugs with color codes. Open the wire loom that you just ran your power lines next to and look for the stock subwoofer speaker wires. The colors are, positive + was blue/grey (almost looked pinkish grey) and the negative - was green/black. These two wires will be twisted together like other speaker wires. I was thinking about using the front door speakers if I did not find the sub wires but this hookup sounds nice so I plan to stick with it. This only supplies the convertor with 1 input so I used a y plug on the live rca out of the convertor so my amp received both coaxial feeds to the input .

Ground-- I removed a rear seat bolt, ground off the paint underneath and tightened it back down on my ground connector.

Extras---I removed the stock jack and placed it in my bed storage box so I could use the brackets fixed bolts to attach my accessory board. I then attached my capacitor and power block to the secured board.

I am sure there are things I could have done better so feel free to respond with better ways or what worked for you. I am by far no expert but have been doing my own backyard installs for almost 30 years and they have never failed me. I just wanted to give people some tips in case they think the job is way too hard because it was actually quite easy and sounds fantastic (well, as good as stock audio can sound with some extra thump).

Edited by Chriscon
  • Like 1

I have not snapped any pics of my 19 yet but I do have some from my 16. I run Hifonics amps and SoundQubed woofers. I've ran a ported 1200 rms 10" with my1500 watt rms amp before. It had great loud and rap bass but was a little muddy for me so I am currently running one 15 1200 watt rms. The stuff is cheap and I have beat the crap out of it for about 8 years (between friends and my kids, I've installed the same combos in 7 other vehicles). Screenshot_20190712-052245_Messenger.thumb.jpg.44b9308e1a8e38669aba2f83ef034669.jpg

Screenshot_20190712-052314_Messenger.jpg

Edited by Chriscon