Any harm in using tow/haul mode during normal driving?

21 minutes ago, Jacoby said:

Don't be that guy

Man, something's got you pissed off at the moment :lol:

"Don't be that guy" and 

within 1 minute of each other =)

4 minutes ago, Mileguru said:

Man, something's got you pissed off at the moment :lol:

"Don't be that guy" and 

within 1 minute of each other =)

You mean to tell me you understand the point of that 2020 thread???

11 minutes ago, m3n00b said:

The guy who likes how quiet his stock exhaust is but also wants to hear the 6.2 sometimes?

Then swap mufflers and get the best of both worlds. Plenty of exhaust options out there that are plenty quiet and can get loud when you want it to.   Going with cutouts is running open exhaust.  Its one extreme to the next and it will sound like ass. 

2 minutes ago, Jacoby said:

Then swap mufflers and get the best of both worlds. Plenty of exhaust options out there that are plenty quiet and can get loud when you want it to.   Going with cutouts is running open exhaust.  Its one extreme to the next and it will sound like ass. 

This is the best advice m3n00b could get. If you install cutouts, you'll regret it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jacoby said:

Hmm...I leave super early in the morning and don't want to wake the neighbors.  Some can already hear the stock exhaust.  I've heard some open exhausts and they don't sound terrible.

Edited by m3n00b

7 minutes ago, m3n00b said:

Hmm...I leave super early in the morning and don't want to wake the neighbors.  Some can already hear the stock exhaust.  I've heard some open exhausts and they don't sound terrible.

Then you got some shitty neighbors if theyre complaining about how loud your stock exhaust truck is

But hey go nuts its your truck.  You've clearly made up your mind. 

I wont say I told you so

There is nothing wrong with cutouts. They have progressive controllers and vaccum based switches also. Much like the Corvette quad tips.
It can sound good or bad depends on setup and tune.
If you can't decide and are just a little handy remove your exhaust at the unbolt spot and take truck for a ride. If you like that that is where the cutout goes. We have had them on boost switches so they open under a load for turbo and supercharged trucks. And even kept the factory.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, m3n00b said:

The guy who likes how quiet his stock exhaust is but also wants to hear the 6.2 sometimes?

Then your answer is just doing a CAI, leave the exhaust alone.

I put a magnaflow muffler on my 2010 and it was so 'droney' I would have a migraine after a 4hr drive. It was a big factor in my decision to trade for my 2015. It was even worse in AFM so I decided not to touch the exhaust on my 6.2L K2. I ended up putting in an AFE CAI and now I have a loud throaty sound when the truck lugs or accelerates quickly. It sounds awesome, and will turn peoples heads around when they hear it sucking air. However, now my truck is 100% driveable and not irritating when I don't want it to be. It's only loud when I want it to be, on a pull. I thought of going long tubes, electric cut out and stock catback, but that is a $3500 touch in Canada, for a couple ponies and a loud daily truck I didn't go for it. Save my mod money for the Corvette fund.